Subject: [DMM] draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-00 - update plans

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 13:36:21 +0000

Folks,

draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-00  is out since May. So far we did not receive any serious issue to address, which is good.
Driving the draft towards a more mature state, I see the following main items to address:

(1)    Completion of properties and attributes

(2)    Adoption of a standard conform modelling

In terms of (1), the importance to include QoS attributes has been raised from different sides.
I'll make a proposal how to cover this in an update on the DMM ML using a separate eMail.
Other attributes we may need to cover are about monitoring/reporting.

In terms of (2) we heard different opinions about keeping this document at the level of information models
or be more specific by adopting data modeling. So far the document is pretty hybrid ;-), core part is more about
clear definition and description of messages and information to apply between Client and Agent. In the appendix
the draft includes a (so far experimental) YANG model.

Please state your opinion here to see what the WG expects from the document. If we adopt information modeling,
this seems straightforward from a version which is complete in terms of messages/attributes.
If we adopt data modeling, we may need to spend more cycles in agreeing formats, alignment, etc.

Hope we can discuss on the ML. I'd also like to schedule a WebExt before the draft deadline. Will send a
doodle around for that.

marco