Subject: [DMM] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-fast-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 19:19:53 -0800

Hello,

This might be of interest to DMM group.

The basic idea of FAST (Firewall and Service Tickets) is to allow
applications to signal to the network the services they want for their
flows. The granted services are expressed in "tickets" that an
application sets in packet of of a flow (destination or nexthop
options EH). Tickets are interpreted by the ingress node of the
network and services are applied (QoS, diffserv, map to network slice,
encapsulation, etc.). Tickets are reflected by peers to get services
applied in the reverse direction. They are also stateless and in fact
a goal of FAST is to reduce flow state in the network.

Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-fast-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-fast-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-fast
Revision:       00
Title:          Firewall and Service Tickets
Document date:  2018-01-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          21
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-fast-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-fast/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-fast-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-fast-00

Abstract:
   This document describes the Firewalls and Service Tickets protocol. A
   ticket is data that accompanies a packet and indicates a granted
   right to traverse a network or a request for network service to be
   applied. Applications request tickets from a local agent in the
   network and attach issued tickets to packets. Firewall tickets are
   issued to grant packets the right to traverse a network; service
   tickets indicate the desired service to be applied to a packets. A
   single ticket may provide both firewall and service ticket
   information. Tickets are sent in either IPv6 Destination options or
   Hop-by-Hop options.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Jong-Hyouk Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:27:47 +0900

Hi Tom,

You may look at the following similar work presented earlier.

Deprecated Network Prefix Provision: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jhlee-dmm-dnpp-01 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jhlee-dmm-dnpp-01>

Cheers.
--
Jong-Hyouk Lee, living somewhere between /dev/null and /dev/random
Protocol Engineering Lab., Sangmyung University

#email: [email-masked]
#webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/hurryon

> 2018. 1. 24. 오후 12:19, Tom Herbert <[email-masked]> 작성:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dmm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm