Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 13:11:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing IPv6 for Mobile User Plane
        Authors         : Satoru Matsushima
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Miya Kohno
                          Pablo Camarillo Garvia
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses the applicability of SRv6 (Segment Routing
   IPv6) to user-plane of mobile networks (N3 and N9 interfaces).  The
   source routing capability and the network programming nature of SRv6,
   accomplish mobile user-plane functions in a simple manner.  The
   statelessness and the ability to control underlying layer will be
   even more beneficial to the mobile user-plane, in terms of providing
   flexibility and SLA control for various applications.  It also
   simplifies the network architecture by eliminating the necessity of
   tunnels, such as GTP-U [TS.29281], PMIP [RFC5213], Mac-in-Mac, MPLS,
   and so on.  In addition, Segment Routing provides an enhanced method
   for network slicing, which is briefly introduced by this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Pablo Camarillo (pcamaril)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 20:17:01 +0000

Hello all,

We have just published a minor update to this I-D that clarifies several questions that came up on the mailing list.
Also, we have added an annex that covers the current implementations and PoC status.

Thanks,
Pablo (on behalf of the co-authors).

On 02/07/2018, 22:12, "dmm on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Abstract:

    

    
    _______________________________________________
    dmm mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm