Subject: [DNA] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dna-cpl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:38:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detecting Network Attachment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNA with unmodified routers: Prefix list based approach
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark, J. Choi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dna-cpl-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-4-21
	
Upon establishing a new link-layer connection, a host determines
   whether a link change has occurred, that is, whether or not it has
   moved at layer 3 and therefor needs new IP configuration.  This draft
   presents a way to robustly check for link change without assuming any
   changes to the routers.  We choose to uniquely identify each link by
   the set of prefixes assigned to it.  We propose that, at each
   attached link, the host generates the complete prefix list, that is,
   a prefix list containing all the valid prefixes on the link, and when
   it receives a hint that indicates a possible link change, it detects
   the identity of the currently attached link by consulting the
   existing prefix list.  This memo describes how to generate the
   complete prefix list and to robustly detect the link identity even in
   the presence of packet loss.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-cpl-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dna-cpl-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-cpl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.