Subject: [DNA] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt]

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:45:51 -0400

Hi Folks,
   I have submitted a new revision of the dna link information document 
which addresses issues raised by the IESG and the IAB. If you have any 
comments please feel free send them to the list and/or the authors.

Thanks
Suresh (with chair hat off)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detecting Network Attachment Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Link-layer Event Notifications for Detecting Network Attachments
	Author(s)	: A. Yegin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-10-6
	
Certain network access technologies are capable of providing various
    link-layer status information to IP.  Link-layer event notifications
    can help IP expeditiously detect configuration changes.  This
    document provides a non-exhaustive catalogue of information available
    from well-known access technologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 00:23:42 +0300

Suresh,

As far as I understand, the comments on the document were simply from AD and
AD-assigned expert reviews. The document has not gone through IESG review.

I'll let Jari confirm or correct me.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:owner-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Suresh Krishnan
> Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:46 PM
> To: Dna
> Subject: [DNA] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dna-link-information-04.txt]
> 
> Hi Folks,
> 	Title		: Link-layer Event Notifications for Detecting
Network
> Attachments

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:57:16 +0300

Alper is right. Now that we have a new revision I will
check that the issues were addressed correctly, and
if yes, will initiate IETF last call and full IESG review.

--Jari

---

From: Sathya Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:56:25 -0400

Hello All -

I just submitted the merged DNA solution document to IETF. You can find 
the document at

http://web.njit.edu/~sathya/draft-ietf-dna-protocol-02.txt

I am going to spend some more time on it and will likely submit -03 
before monday.

Please comment.

-Sathya

---

From: Sathya Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:36:15 -0400

Hello All -

I just submitted -03 of the merged DNA solution document to IETF. You 
can find the document at

http://web.njit.edu/~sathya/draft-ietf-dna-protocol-03.txt

Changes since -02 are minimal (see section 11- 'Changes since -02' in 
the draft): if you printed -02 already, you don't have to print -03 
again, just section 5.2.7, I made a mistake in the RA processing logic 
in -02, which is fixed in -03.

Please provide comments.

-Sathya