Subject: [dns-privacy] Status of draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls and moving forward

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 04:35:52 -0400

All

We've seen the updates from the authors on this draft, and their 
addressing all the review comments, and that the document is "ready for 
Working Group Last Call."  However, there is a question on to the 
Intended Status of the document as it moves forward.

The document has always claims to be "Standards Track". However, this 
chair has always flagged the draft in the datatracker as "Experimental," 
as it lacks any current or perceived implementation.

As we look for a path forward, I come to the working group to ask the 
question:

	- What should the RFC Status be for this draft:
		Experiment, Standards, Informational, etc
		See: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026

We're hoping to get some rough consensus on this point in the next week 
before taking next steps on this draft (and the profiles draft)

Thanks

tim