Subject: [dns-privacy] After the DNS-over-DTLS WGLC...

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:08:45 -0400

Dear DPRIVE,

We have just started the WGLC for draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls.
There have been a significant number of changes and revisions to this
document, please take some time to review it and provide clear
feedback to the authors and WG.

We will be focusing on the “profiles” document after the DNSoDTLS
document wraps up.

We still feel that it is premature to recharter for “phase 2”, but
would very much like to encourage discussions on the list of how me
might begin to address the recursive to auth part of this.

Stephane has some interesting initial thoughts here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-dprive-step-2/ - it
is an easy read, please take some time to read and thing about it.

At the moment we are expecting to meet  in Seoul, partly to discuss
the Profiles document, but also as a “BoF style” discussion on the
Phase 2 work.

Thoughts? Views? etc.

Warren and Tim.
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 09:06:39 -0700

> the Profiles document, but also as a “BoF style” discussion on the

A BoFy kind of discussion about recursive-to-authoritative would be very 
useful. The privacy advantages are obvious, but the various types of 
costs are important too.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Hugo Connery <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 19:15:14 +0200

> useful. The privacy advantages are obvious, but the various types of 

+1

-- 
Hugo Connery, Head of IT, DTU Environment
"There is no cloud, only other people's computers".  FSF-Europe

---

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 20:19:43 +0000

On Aug 18, 2016, at 1:15 PM, Hugo Connery <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Thoughts? Views? etc.
A BoFy kind of discussion about recursive-to-authoritative would be
very
useful. The privacy advantages are obvious, but the various types of
costs are important too.
--Paul Hoffman

+1

+1. Agree this discussion would be useful.

Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>   +1-802-735-1624
Jabber: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Skype: danyork   http://twitter.com/danyork

http://www.internetsociety.org/

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 16:46:28 -0400

Great.

I just put in the session request...

W

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Dan York <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Aug 18, 2016, at 1:15 PM, Hugo Connery <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> [email-masked]   +1-802-735-1624
> Jabber: [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
> dns-privacy mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy
>

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 16:48:09 -0400

Oh. And the obligatory reminder to review and comment on
draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls - it's here (for easy clickin') :
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls/

W

---

From: Sara Dickinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:26:17 +0100

> On 16 Aug 2016, at 18:08, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear DPRIVE,
> 

Hi Warren, 

I couldn’t find a date anywhere - when does the WGLC for draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls end?

> the Profiles document, but also as a “BoF style” discussion on the

+1 for having this discussion in Seoul. 

Sara.

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:20:28 +0200

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 04:26:17PM +0100,
 Sara Dickinson <[email-masked]> wrote 

>From the original message by Warren:

This WGLC ends Tue 30-Aug-2016.