Subject: [dns-privacy] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:59:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange of the IETF.

        Title           : Specification for DNS over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Prashanth Patil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-09.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-08-11

Abstract:
   DNS queries and responses are visible to network elements on the path
   between the DNS client and its server.  These queries and responses
   can contain privacy-sensitive information which is valuable to
   protect.  An active attacker can send bogus responses causing
   misdirection of the subsequent connection.

   This document proposes the use of Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS) for DNS, to protect against passive listeners and certain
   active attacks.  As latency is critical for DNS, this proposal also
   discusses mechanisms to reduce DTLS round trips and reduce DTLS
   handshake size.  The proposed mechanism runs over port 853.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 17:02:45 +0000

This revision addresses comments from Sara. 
Thanks to Sara for the detailed review.

Cheers,
-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dns-privacy [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [dns-privacy] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-09.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dns-privacy mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy