Subject: Re: WGLC summary for draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:15:39 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 09:29:07PM +0200, bert hubert wrote:

> I've updated chapter 9 as outlined in the posting by Andrew, plus addressed
> all nits Peter Koch had open.

I've read -06 and the diffs and thank Bert for patiently addressing all these
editorial issues. New nit in new section 9.2.1: "DNS ID" isn't consistently
used throughout the document; that can be fixed through RFC Editor work,
or might not even be ambiguous.

> Jinmei. Additionally, Peter Koch told me he sent me an example which would
> fit well in the draft, but I can't find it, but I did promise I'd include
> it.

The example appears as a comment to section 6 in
<http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2008/msg00695.html>.

However, in the light of recent events and also since section 6 addresses
a different threat than the rest of teh recommendation, I'm no longer
sure it is helpful (although examples in general are ;-)

-Peter

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>