Subject: [dnsext] [IANA #206165] Resut of expert review for RRTYPE request: ZS (NINFO)

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:35:25 -0500

Dear colleagues,

Jim Reid submitted a request for a DNS RRTYPE parameter assignment
on 2008-11-17 under the terms of RFC 5395.  The requested mnemonic was
"ZS".

Having confirmed the correctness of the template, I posted the
completed template to the [email-masked] list on
2008-11-21.  You can find that posting at
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2008/msg02237.html.
That posting began a three week comment period.  In that posting, I
noted that all the experts in the pool would work on this request, in
minor variance to the RFC, in an effort to increase the experience
with the procedures.  I anticipate that will change in future.

Several comments were posted.  In light of the comments, Jim Reid
requested that the mnemonic be adjusted to NI or NINFO.  

The experts find that the request is entirely in keeping with section
3.1.2 of RFC 5395, and therefore the requested RRTYPE assignment is
accepted.  Because the requester gave us leeway during the comment
period in deciding the mnemonic, we have decided that NINFO should be
the mnemonic.

There were several substantive comments on the draft
draft-reid-dnsext-zs-01.txt.  We encourage the continued work on that
draft, but the comments did not affect our determination about the
conformance of the request to section 3.1.2 of RFC 5395.

We thank participants on the namedroppers list for their review and
comments.

Best regards,

Andrew (for the experts)
-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:31:04 -0800

Andrew and all,

  Thanks expert!  But isn't this kinda like shutting the barn door
after all the horse's are out?  Than perhaps that's the process?

> We thank participants on the namedroppers list for their review and

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is
very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail
[email-masked]
My Phone: 214-244-4827

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 23:18:21 -0500

> after all the horse's are out?  Than perhaps that's the process?

I confess I haven't the foggiest idea what the above means, but if you
are unsure about this process, please read RFC 5395, which explains it
in detail.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:29:33 -0800

Andrew and all,

  Well I had before my below post already done what you are
now suggesting.  Thanks anyway.  I am also sorry you are confused.
My point was that your previous remarks gave me the impression that
the action was after the fact or reactionary, rather than proactive
in nature.

Regards,