Subject: [dnsext] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Measures for making DNS more resilient against forged answers
	Author(s)       : B. Hubert, R. Mook
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-10.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-12-15

The current Internet climate poses serious threats to the Domain Name
System.  In the interim period before the DNS protocol can be secured
more fully, measures can already be taken to harden the DNS to make
'spoofing' a recursing nameserver many orders of magnitude harder.

Even a cryptographically secured DNS benefits from having the ability
to discard bogus responses quickly, as this potentially saves large
amounts of computation.

By describing certain behaviour that has previously not been
standardised, this document sets out how to make the DNS more
resilient against accepting incorrect responses.  This document
updates RFC 2181.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.