Subject: [dnsext] [dns-rrtype-applications] [IANA #206166] Resut of expert review for RRTYPE request: RKEY

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 18:03:06 -0500

Dear colleagues,

Jim Reid submitted a request for a DNS RRTYPE parameter assignment
on 2008-11-17 under the terms of RFC 5395.  The requested mnemonic was
"RKEY".

Having confirmed the correctness of the template, I posted the
completed template to the [email-masked] list on
2008-11-21.  You can find that posting at
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2008/msg02238.html.
That posting began a three week comment period.  In that posting, I
noted that all the experts in the pool would work on this request, in
minor variance to the RFC, in an effort to increase the experience
with the procedures.  I anticipate that will change in future.

Several comments were posted.  

The experts find that the request is entirely in keeping with section
3.1.2 of RFC 5395, and therefore the requested RRTYPE assignment is
accepted.

There were several substantive comments on the draft
draft-reid-dnsext-rkey-00.txt.  We encourage the continued work on
that draft, but the substantive comments did not affect our
determination about the conformance of the request to section 3.1.2 of
RFC 5395.

We thank participants on the namedroppers list for their review and
comments.

Best regards,

Andrew (for the experts)
-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>