Subject: [dnsext] Publication request for draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256-09.txt

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 14:46:00 -0500

Dear Mark,

This message serves as a request to publish
 draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256-09.txt.

Title           : Use of SHA-2 algorithms with RSA in DNSKEY and RRSIG
                  Resource Records for DNSSEC
Author(s)       : J. Jansen
Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256-09.txt
Date            : 2008-12-04
Document shepherd: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>

Answers to http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/Doc-Writeup.html, dated
2008-09-17.

    (1.a) Andrew Sullivan is the document shepherd.  He has read this
    version and believe it is ready for forwarding to the IESG.

    (1.b) The document has had adequate review.  The shepherd has no
    concerns.

    (1.c) The shepherd has no concerns that additional review is
    needed, beyond the expected reviews during IETF last call.

    (1.d) The shepherd has no specific concerns.  It is not clear
    whether the IPR claim at https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1000/
    applies to this draft; no specific claim has so far been made to
    the shepherd's knowledge.  The WG did not discuss that claim.

    (1.e) The WG consensus appears to be strong enough to warrant publication.

    (1.f) Nobody has threatened an appeal or indicated extrene
    discontent.  One participant in the WG, at a late date, has
    objected to using two different algorithm identifiers, one for
    NSEC and a different one for NSEC3.  There appeared nevertheless
    to be fairly strong consensus in favour of the current approach
    during WGLC.

    (1.g) The shepherd has checked all nits.  The document uses the
    old boilerplate from RFC 3878.  Since xml2rfc >= 1.3.4 isn't out
    yet, the shepherd thinks this is ok.  

    (1.h) References are split, and there are no downrefs.

    (1.i) The IANA Considerations section exists, and is consistent.
    The reservations are properly requested.

    (1.j) There is no formal language segment in the document.

    (1.k) 
          Technical Summary 

   This document describes how to produce RSA/SHA-256 and RSA/SHA-512
   DNSKEY and RRSIG resource records for use in the Domain Name System
   Security Extensions (DNSSEC, RFC 4033, RFC 4034, and RFC 4035).

          Working Group Summary 
   
   The DNS Extensions Working Group had consensus to publish the document.

          Document Quality 

   The document received thorough review, and it is expected that
   vendors supporting DNSSEC will implement SHA-2 once the document is
   published.  During Working Group Last Call, there were objections
   that an earlier approach, which tied SHA-2 to implementation of
   NSEC3, would be a barrier for adoption by some vendors, so the
   specification was changed to avoid the link.

Best regards,

Andrew and Olafur

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>