Subject: [dnsext] Re: Cleaning up the RRtype code space ... here: AFSDB

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:25:22 +0100 (MEZ)

Thanks for your feedback!

At Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:58:46 -0800, SM wrote:

> draft-allbery-afs-srv-records was written to define a SRV RR for AFS.

  Maybe more precisely:    ... define usage of SRV RRs for AFS

> I suggest talking to the AFS3-standardization folks before taking an
> action on AFSDB RR as current AFS clients might not support the new
> RR yet.

Point taken.
However, you're knocking on open doors!
I've been in contact already for the aforementioned draft.

I had in mind tagging the IANA registry entries with keywords from
draft-ogud-iana-maintenance-words -- in this case: DISCOURAGED,
and add a Ref. to [RFC.allbery-afs-srv-records].

This would give a clear indication to folks using the registry
that they should consider migration to SRV use.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+