Subject: [dnsext] DNSEXT sessions at IETF 78

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:24:14 -0400

Dear colleagues,

The IETF 78 agenda is up.

We have two sessions scheduled.  The first of these is intended to be
regular WG business, and is intended to discuss the new proposed
charter, the various drafts we have on our plate, and so on.  If you
are a regular participant in DNSEXT, this meeting session is aimed
squarely at you.  We have two hours scheduled, from 15:20-17:20 local
time on Monday.  Here's what's in that slot: httpbis, dnsext, mext,
opsarea, enum, soc, pim, rtgarea.

The other session is a one hour session aimed just at the topic of
aliasing, and in particular at gathering more requirements,
objections, corner cases, worries, and so on about this topic.  It is
primarily aimed at requirements gathering, which means that any
telling anyone what is simply impossible in the DNS won't be allowed.
The point is not, in this session, to say what we can or can't do, but
to try to get straight as much as possible all the issues that people
have with aliasing, what doesn't work, what does, what current
behaviour people rely on, and so on.  This session is for one hour on
Wed, 10:30-11:30 local time.  Here's what's in that slot: core,
vcarddav, dnsext, mboned, drinks, mpls.

We'll have more to say about this soon.  Thanks very much to Ralph for
making our case for this extra special spot.  We don't intend to do
this often!

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:29:18 -0600

> vcarddav, dnsext, mboned, drinks, mpls.

Thanks for organizing that session. Let's make sure we advertise it far
and wide (among APPS, RAI, etc.). I'm sure that Alexey and I would be
happy for you to give a short plug in the AppsArea meeting.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/