Subject: draft-ietf-dnsind-udp-size-02.txt, draft-ietf-dnsind-edns-03.txt, EDNS0

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 08:49:11 -0500

Hi,

(1) Because of the consensus to proceed with splitting EDNS into EDNS0
and EDNS1, with EDNS0 going through first with just the EDNS framework
and udp size solution in it, my draft
draft-ietf-dnsind-udp-size-02.txt should be considered withdrawn.  I'm
not sure exaclty what the right procedure is but presumably a message
to internet-drafts from one of the co-chairs asking that it be
expunged from the WG charter web page would do the trick.  I guess it
should also be replaced in the internet-drafts directory with a brief
message saying it was superceded by draft-ietf-dnsind-edns0.

(2) As per the above, it seems to me that
draft-ietf-dnsind-edns-03.txt should also go away from the charter
page and be replaced in the internet-drafts directory with a brief
message pointing to draft-ietf-dnsind-edns0 and
draft-ietf-dnsind-edns1.

(3) I think that EDNS0 is the most important pending draft in this WG.
The others are also important and there is noting wrong with multiple
drafts going through at one time, but if I had to pick a single draft
to be given highest priority, it would be EDNS0.  I'm going to send a
separate message with comments on it.

Thanks,
Donald

PS: The link from the WG charter page to mailing list archives seems
to be incorrect.  It points to
<ftp://rs.internic.net/archives/namedroppers/> which failed when I
tried it although dropping the "rs." and trying
<ftp://internic.net/archives/namedroppers/> seems to work fine.

=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913