Subject: NAPTR RR

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:46:06 -0500 (EST)

Howdy,

Could you/DNSIND have a look at 

	draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-00.txt                
	(The Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) DNS Resource Record)?

It does have a dependency on the SRV RR work, so apart from a desire
to be sure that the above document is robust, the URN work is now keenly
interested to know if/when SRV will be put forward as a standards-track RFC.

Essentially, following a couple years of experience with the NAPTR URI
resolution work, we're evolving the existing (experimental) RFC2168
into 2 separate documents, which we'd like to put on the standards track:

	. NAPTR RR (which should be more general than the one URI application
	  we've used it for; indeed other people are picking it up and
	  looking at it)
	
	. A UR{N|I} top-level resolution service using NAPTR.

Anyway, comments on the above document/plans for SRV would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Leslie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    We have moved!!                               Leslie Daigle

      Note the new phone number.                  Bunyip Information Systems
                                                  (514) 285-0088 
                                                  [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------