Subject: DNS spec ambiguities ?

From: William King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 12:13:02 +0000

I'm interested in hearing about any specific ambiguities
in DNS specifications that affect the ability of DNS/BIND
developers to implement interoperable products without recourse
to examination of the behavior of common implementations.

Your comments will help me define testing requirements for a
_proposed_ automated DNS/BIND conformance/interoperability
test suite.

Thanks,
-W

---

From: William King <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 11:40:50 +0000

> _proposed_ automated DNS/BIND conformance/interoperability

I should mention, for the sake of clarity, that this
is a DNS protocol test suite intended to test servers
to the requirements found in the appropriate RFCs, not
a BIND test suite.