Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-12.txt

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:36:37 +1100

The draft
	draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-12.txt

has been floating around DNSIND now for a long time (in that, and previous
incarnations).   It hasn't been changed, or discussed now in months, so it
is time to finally decide its fate I believe.

Consider this a DNSIND working group last call for publication of that
draft as a Proposed Standard.

This WG Last Call will run until 19 February, 1999.   Please send any
comments about the draft, or its disposition, to the mailing list

	[email-masked]

before Feb 19.

kre

---

From: Andras Salamon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:50:18 +0200

> is time to finally decide its fate I believe.

The sooner reserved domains like example.{com,net,org} can be officially
set aside, the sooner we can start standardising (and politely asking
others to regularise) our usage of examples in documents about the DNS.

The .localhost convention has also been in need of formalisation for a
long while.

I believe this is a sound document and should advance.

-- Andras Salamon                   [email-masked]