Subject: Minutes

From: "Ray Plzak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:08:34 -0500

IETF 55 
Atlanta
DNSOP WG

TUESDAY, November 19, 2002
1415-1515

Recorded by Cathy Murphy

 1. Agenda Bashing <No comments.>

 2. Scribe - Cathy Murphy volunteered to be scribe.

 3. Blue Sheet - passed out for recording attendance.

 4. Workshop Report - Ed Lewis

Ed provided a brief overview report about the DNSSEC workshop that
occurred in early October.  Ed noted that the workshop was sponsored by
ARIN and that a detailed report was posted to the dnsop mail list.  The
main task of the workshop was to sign the reverse map dns.

Ed stated that there have been several DNSSEC workshops recently, and a
suggestion has made to gather the reports from all of the workshops
in a single location.  Ed is looking for a volunteer; contact Ed if
willing to help.

 5. draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-issues-00.txt Alain Durand

Alain presented his draft.

There was discussion about characteristics local scope addresses.  It
was agreed that they should have names that weren't global and did not
leak out to the Internet.  Implementation options were discussed but no
conclusion was reached.  Further discussion will take place on the list.

There was discussion about pre-populating reverse path dns.  Various
implementation options were discussed by no conclusion was reached.
Further discussion will take place on the list.

 6. draft-ietf-dnsop-v6-name-space-fragmentation-01.txt
   draft-ietf-ngtrans-dns-ops-req-04.txt
 
Alain Durand

These drafts were not discussed because of the time devoted to the
previous agenda item.  Future discussion will take place on the list.

 7. draft-ietf-dnsop-serverid-01.txt David Conrad

The serverid draft was updated to clarify some confusing language; no
other
substantive changes were made.  There was consensus that this draft
should go to WG last call.

 8. draft-ihren-dnsop-interim-signed-root-01.txt Johan Ihren
 
Johan presented his draft.

There discussion about the proposal.  Several stated that the signing
method presented had problems.  The response was that this was about
management of the key for signing the zone not about signing of the
zone.  Discussion about the technical issues concerning resolvers was
referred to the list.  The Regional Internet Registries were proposed to
be a part of the management scheme.  It was pointed out that they would
have to take this to their respective communities for discussion and
consensus.

 9. Distributing K-Root Service by Anycast Routing of 193.0.14.129
   Daniel Karrenberg

Daniel made an announcement that the k root server would be deploying
additional servers using anycast.  He referred all to the RIPE web site
for further details. 

10. draft-jeong-name-generation-00.txt Jae-Hoon Jeong

Jae-Hoon presented his draft.  There was no discussion.  The consensus
of the wg was that this should not become a wg draft.

#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.