Subject: [DNSOP] Agenda Items for Vienna

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:07:54 -0700

Folks,

	Its about time to start thinking about agenda items for
	the Vienna IETF. Please forward any DNSOP agenda items
	you might have to me.

	Over the next week we will be reviewing our work item
	status and I will get that out to you in summary form.

	Thanks,

	Dave
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.

---

From: "Jaehoon Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:32:33 +0900

Hi, Dave.

I am Jaehoon.
I submitted a new draft about DNS discovery and Automatic Host DNS Name Registration
on the basis of IPv6 Router Advertisement message.
 :  IPv6 Router Advertisement based DNS Autoconfiguration 
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-ipv6-ra-dns-autoconf-00.txt

In this 57th IETF meeting, I would like to discuss my draft at DNSOP wg.
Thanks.

Regards,
Jaehoon

---

From: Syam Madanapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:20:22 +0530

Hello Dave,

We (Mr. Park and me) have recently submitted a draft for Automatic
Configuration of Domain Name for IPv6 Nodes, called
"IPv6 Extensions for DNS Plug and Play". This draft is available
at the following URL:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-ipv6-extensions-dns-pnp-00.tx
t

The technique that this draft proposes is called 6DNAC. 6DNAC
allows Automatic generation of Domain Name, Duplicate Domain
Name Detection and registration with the DNS Server. 6DNAC
proposes minor extensions to NDP Messages. The NDP messages
with extensions are backward compatible. 6DNAC is similar to
IPv6 Address construction and DAD.

I am wondering if we can discuss this draft in DNSOP WG
at 57th IETF Meeting, Vienna.

Thank you,
Syam