Subject: Re: example.com

From: Markus Stumpf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 00:36:15 +0200

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 03:00:28PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> i asked dnsop specifically to learn of any technical ops issues.  and i
> really meant the question.  are there technical ops issues?

We do for a long time provide auth DNS for rfc1918 nets and have
configured our caches to use our own servers to resolve rfc1918 PTR
queries. The idea is to block at least those customers who leak queries
for rfc1918 nets, but use our caches as forwarders to reduce the load
on the "official" DNS servers for the rfc1918 nets.

Is it BCP to also set up local DNS for rfc2606 names/domains?
If someone does, do you also setup replacement web services for
the ones running on example.{com,net,org}? Do you run a mailbouncer
for that domains?

	\Maex
    
-- 
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299
"The security, stability and reliability of a computer system is reciprocally
 proportional to the amount of vacuity between the ears of the admin"
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.