Subject: [dnsop] draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-06.txt submitted

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:58:40 +1000

As a followup to the DNSOP Last Call on the -05 version of this 
document in March, this -06 version of the document has been revised 
to include comments received from the security directorate review as 
well as review comments received in the last call process

As noted in the DNSOP WG meeting at IETF 66, with the submission of 
this -06 version of the document I believe the document is now ready 
for a PROTO writeup and submission to the IESG as an Informational RFC.

Thanks,

     Geoff

----------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : 6to4 Reverse DNS Delegation Specification
         Author(s)       : G. Huston
         Filename        : draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-06.txt
         Pages           : 10
         Date            : 2006-8-1
This memo describes the service mechanism for entering a delegation
of DNS servers which provide reverse lookup of 6to4 IPv6 addresses
into the 6to4 reverse zone file.  The proposed mechanism is based on
a conventional DNS delegation service interface, allowing the service
client to enter the details of a number of DNS servers for the
delegated domain.  In the context of a 6to4 reverse delegation, the
client is primarily authenticated by its source address used in the
delegation request, and is authorised to use the function if its IPv6
address prefix corresponds to an address from within the requested
6to4 delegation address block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-06.txt

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html