Subject: [dnsop] Open Issues with draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:21:21 +0200

Dear WG,

there are now three tickets open at the request tracker, corresponding to
the three open issues with draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-01.txt
discussed in Montreal:

1341 <https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1341>
     choice of document title
1342 <https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1342>
     whether to recommend nature of non-service
1343 <https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1343>
     suggested authentication methods

To access, please follow the instructions at <http://rt.psg.com>.

For 1342 and 1343 there was clear support in one direction during the meeting:

1342: keep making no recommendation on how to react to unauthorized queries
1343: add SIG(0) to the list of available authentication methods

I'd like to see these closed within one week, so if there are new aspects
suggesting a different outcome, please speak up asap.

The document title, #1341, is subject to discussion for 10 days (until
Aug, 17th). During the meeting, a significant number of people said they
cared about the title, so please express support for one of the options.
The default action will be to continue with the editors' suggestion.

-Peter

PS: when addressing one of the issues, pls identify the issue number in the
    "Subject:" field; if you find a new issue, act accordingly
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html