Subject: Dear

From: "Al Overton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2006 13:02:39 -0480

"thank you," said lydia, "for if you did, i should certainly tell you all, and then wickham would
"i dislike it very much," he replied; "but it must be done."
"i hope not."
days," she added, "i shall know how to understand it. i shall then give over every expectation, every
be angry."
convinced that it will add very greatly to my happiness; and thirdly-which perhaps i ought to have
and in the mean time, she went after dinner to show her ring, and boast of being married, to mrs. hill
commencement and curtailed its extent. mr. gardiner would be prevented by business from setting out
could hardly keep her seat. it drew from her, however, the exertion of speaking, which nothing else
and darcy had never been so bewitched by any woman as he was by her. he really believed, that were
"but it must very materially lessen their chance of marrying men of any consideration in the
by letter for the presentation. his circumstances, he assured me, and i had no difficulty in believing it,
all the genuine frankness of her character in her reply to the letter which announced its arrangement,
and in the mean time, she went after dinner to show her ring, and boast of being married, to mrs. hill
could be prevailed on to receive her, offering his assistance, as far as it would go. but he found lydia
"so much the better. it cannot be done too much; and when i next write to her, i shall charge her
elizabeth made no answer; and without attempting to persuade her ladyship to return into the
assured with unwearying civility that they were perfectly needless.
and friends are all wishing him to marry elsewhere?"
and gratitude by scotch and irish airs, at the request of her younger sisters, who, with some of the
after laughing at her some time, allowed her at last to go-saying, as she quitted the room, "if any young
agreeable woman. it is a pity that great ladies in general are not more like her. does she live near you,
"undoubtedly," replied darcy, to whom this remark was chiefly addressed, "there is a meanness