Subject: Re: Rathole exit? Was: [dnsop] Doug's attack scenarios without SPF

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:12:59 GMT

-- Douglas Otis <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Although SPF is experimental, it is being heavily promoted for use with
>Sender-ID.  SPF is at about 30% adoption by the largest corporations
>which represents 10 times the typical level of adoption!  Running with
>the big dogs, few seem to notice the RFC is experimental, nor is this
>mentioned in promotional material.
>

Especially since Microsoft has "...announced that its Sender ID
Framework specification for e-mail authentication is now available
under the company’s Open Specification Promise (OSP)..."

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/oct06/10-23OSPSenderIDPR.mspx

Just an FYI. :-)

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html