Subject: [DNSOP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Considerations for the use of DNS Reverse Mapping
	Author(s)	: D. Senie, A. Sullivan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-05.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-8-20
	
Mapping of addresses to names is a feature of DNS.  Many sites
   implement it, many others do not.  Some applications attempt to use
   it as a part of a security strategy.  This document outlines what
   should be taken into account when deciding whether to implement
   reverse mappings of addresses to names, suggests that site
   administrators implement reverse mappings if there are no strong
   considerations against such mappings, and provides considerations to
   be taken into account when using reverse mappings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:26:08 -0400

Dear colleagues,

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-05.txt

This is the update I mentioned having submitted last week.  It is
intended to address all outstanding issues as discussed at and after
the Chicago meeting.

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [email-masked]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:26:08 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Best regards,

Andrew