Subject: [DNSOP] draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:10:10 -0700

Folks,

Howdy.

The registration of "attribute" oriented domain node names (underscore names) 
was made a work item of this group, as I recall, possibly as long as a year 
ago.  Underscore node names are used to create a special context within the 
domain tree and their use seems to be increasingly popular.  This warrants 
coordinating their name registration, to avoid collisions, and to aid others 
in finding out the 'meaning' of a particular underscore name.

Last July, I finally started a mini-thread on a revised draft of my previous 
specification, hoping to get some discussion about it.

Please see:

    <http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg05593.html>.

Andrew Sullivan commented, but no one else did.

I'll again ask for discussion about the proposal, to see if we can rework it 
to an acceptable state.

Thanks.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop