Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-05.txt

From: "Yngve Nysaeter Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:01:35 +0200

Hello all,

I have updated and refreshed the draft describing my suggestion for  
distributing Public Suffix/Effective TLD information.

The updates are based on implementation experience while adding support  
for the format to an internal version of Opera.

The online repository is based on and generated from the Public Suffix  
List, http://publicsuffix.org/ , as maintained by Mozilla, and our  
variant  of it is available under the Mozilla Tri-license (MPL, GPL, and  
LGPL) from our download location at http://redir.opera.com/pubsuffix/ .

See also  
http://my.opera.com/yngve/blog/2009/06/17/refreshed-subtld-public-suffix-drafts  
.

The associated draft draft-pettersen-dns-cookie-validate-05.txt has also  
been refreshed, and is used as a fallback in Opera's new Public Suffix  
implementation.

------- Forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-05.txt
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:15:01 +0200

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: The TLD Subdomain Structure Protocol and its use for Cookie  
domain validation
	Author(s)	: Y. Pettersen
	Filename	: draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-05.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2009-6-21
	
This document defines a protocol and specification format that can be
    used by a client to discover how a Top Level Domain (TLD) is
    organized in terms of what subdomains are used to place closely
    related but independent domains, e.g. commercial domains in country
    code TLDs (ccTLD) like .uk are placed in the .co.uk subTLD domain.
    This information is then used to limit which domains an Internet
    service can set cookies for, strengthening the rules already defined
    by the cookie specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
********************************************************************
Senior Developer		     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************