Subject: [DNSOP] [[email-masked]: DNS trust dependencies for ICANN TLDs]

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:55:05 +0200

For information (or advices or ideas or jokes). You can read the whole 
thread online at 
<https://lists.dns-oarc.net/mailman/listinfo/dns-operations>.

Subject: DNS trust dependencies for ICANN TLDs
From: Matthew Dempsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:02:20 -0700
List-Id: DNS Operations <dns-operations.lists.dns-oarc.net>

I've assembled a collection of graphs of zone and name server trust
dependencies for each ICANN TLD at

    http://shinobi.dempsky.org/~matthew/dnstrust/graphs/

I've heard claims from some TLD operators that extra dependencies are
actually intentional, but I haven't yet heard any arguments to justify
that claim.  Can anyone here offer arguments in favor of making TLDs
dependent name servers other than the ones authoritative for that TLD?

I plan to automate regenerating the graphs on a regular basis and to
start contacting TLD operators to point out particularly egregious
cases (e.g., .cn is dependent upon 247 extra name servers, many US
based, because of a single NS record), but I thought I would first
raise the matter here in case anyone had useful feedback.

Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dns-operations mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.dns-oarc.net/mailman/listinfo/dns-operations