Subject: [DNSOP] informal review request: server diagnostics option

From: Evan Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:57:50 +0000

Greetings,

I've been working for a while on a draft describing a DNS protocol
extention that would allow a server (e.g. a validating resolver) to
return, upon request, additional diagnostic information along with
SERVFAIL responses, providing more transparency into the reasons for
failures.  The work has been on hold for a while, waiting until I was
free to attend another IETF, but at the urging of Francis Dupont, I've
gone ahead and submitted it today.

This is an individual contribution: as a protocol extension, I believe
it falls outside dnsop's charter.  However, it may be of interest to
members of this working group, and certainly could use your input; I'd
appreciate any suggestions and corrections people may wish to offer.

Thanks,

-- 
Evan Hunt -- [email-masked]
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.

---

From: Evan Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:19:16 +0000

> failures.

Also, apparently I'm an idiot, because I neglected to mention the URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hunt-dns-server-diagnostics-00.txt