Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:48:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Referral Response Size Issues
        Authors         : Paul Vixie
                          Akira Kato
                          Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-15.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   With a mandated default minimum maximum UDP message size of 512
   octets, the DNS protocol presents some special problems for zones
   wishing to expose a moderate or high number of authority servers (NS
   resource records).  This document explains the operational issues
   caused by, or related to this response size limit, and suggests ways
   to optimize the use of this limited space.  Guidance is offered to
   DNS server implementors and to DNS zone administrators.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/