Subject: [DNSOP] draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-02

From: hellekin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:45:32 -0300

Hello list,

the authors of *Special-Use Domain Names of Peer-to-Peer Systems* I-D
are inviting you to review the latest version (02) of our draft.  It
includes changes prompted by community feedback, many coming from the
DNSOP list.  Among them:

  - a recomposed abstract (see below),
  - removal of the out-of-scope "noconnect" pTLD,
  - a split per domain of the IANA considerations.

The latter accounts for the inflation of pages, and the authors are
aware of the repetitions in sub-sections of title 5.  We hope it will
ease peer review and allow for finer-grained comments and improvements.

Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-01&url2=draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-02

Datatracker Entry:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names/

Abstract:

*

   This is an IESG Approval document requesting the reservation of six
   Top-Level Domains for special use, in conformance with the
   registration procedure defined in RFC 6761, section 4.

   Peer-to-Peer systems use specific decentralized mechanisms to
   allocate, register, manage, and resolve names.  Those mechanisms
   operate entirely outside of DNS, independently from the DNS root and
   delegation tree.  In order to avoid interoperability issues with DNS
   as well as to address security and privacy concerns, this document
   describes six pseudo Top-Level Domain names (pTLDs), reserved for
   special use.

   The following six domains relate to security-focused peer-to-peer
   systems.  They are: ".gnu", ".zkey", ".onion", ".exit", ".i2p", and
   ".bit".

*

Thank you for your attention and consideration,

Hellekin O. Wolf, editor.