Subject: Re: [DNSOP] my dnse vision (A+E vs E)

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:30:41 +0100

Another note about builtin/inline encryption solutions: there is a
trade-off between encryption + authentication/integrity as recommended
by crypto design rules vs. performances and message sizes.  Of course
this will be addressed during the crypto design, so when/after we
reach a consensus about what we need in DNS encryption (i.e.,
message size overhead SHOULD be small). BTW it (the overhead) will
be likely bigger in the query than in the response so we should not
get new amplification concerns.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:40:17 +0100

BTW it (the overhead) will be likely bigger in the query than in the
> response so we should not get new amplification concerns.

Amplification happens when IP spoofing is possible. When the solution stop
IP spoofing, I guess, it cannot happen as well.

Hosnieh