Subject: [DNSOP] housekeeping for DNSOP meetings: volunteers needed

From: Suzanne Woolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 05:51:32 -0500

Dear colleagues,

DNSOP now has two meetings to manage, both with packed agendas. This means your chairs will really appreciate early volunteers for note-takers and jabber scribes.

Please drop us a note if you can do either job for either session.

Pitch: you might get more out of the session if you're forced to ignore your email, and your chairs (and all participants) will love you for the help.

Thanks,
Suzanne (& Tim)

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:13:59 +0000

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 05:51:32AM -0500,
 Suzanne Woolf <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> you might get more out of the session if you're forced to ignore
> your email,

Email? You mean the thing we used in the 1990s? Today, people use
Twitter and Facebook, you know :-) And they are much more distracting.

[As the minute taker in DANE this morning, and a Twitter addict, I
violently agree about the "you get more out of the session".]

---

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:27:05 +0000

Suzanne,

On 3/6/14 10:51 AM, "Suzanne Woolf" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>DNSOP now has two meetings to manage, both with packed agendas. This
>means your chairs will really appreciate early volunteers for note-takers
>and jabber scribes.
>

I am glad to help with Jabber for both sessions. As we're in some larger
rooms, I would welcome someone else to help, too (and, for example, to sit
near another microphone to help capture people's names).

>Pitch: you might get more out of the session if you're forced to ignore
>your email,

That's a large part of why I *do* volunteer for Jabber scribing.  It
forces me to pay attention to exactly what is going on.  Plus, it forces
me to learn people's names. :-)

Dan