Subject: [DNSOP] Workshop on DNS Future Root Service Architecture, Hong Kong, December 8-9, 2014 (SAVE THE DATE)

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:07:40 -0700

Registration will open shortly for the Workshop on DNS Future Root
Service Architecture.

> Location: Hong Kong, HK
> Date: December 8-9, 2014
> Hosted by: ISOC-HK
> Sponsors: ZDNS/BII and CNNIC
> Co-chairs: Warren Kumari and Paul Vixie

This two day workshop will focus on the DNS root service architecture issues raised by two current Internet Drafts:

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback-00
   Decreasing Access Time to Root Servers by Running One on Loopback
   W. Kumari, Ed.; P. Hoffman

2. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-dnsop-scalingroot-00
   How to scale the DNS root system?
   Xiaodong Lee; Paul Vixie; Zhiwei Yan

These two drafts take very different approaches to the problem of
increasing root zone availability to recursive name servers. In this
workshop we will explore the differences and similarities, with an eye
towards revising both drafts and clarifying their roles in the DNS root
service architecture.

Invitations including travel support will be extended to root name
server operators (bcc'd here), and to the I-D authors. The workshop will
be open to any interested party, and presentations will be streamed live
and stored via Youtube. There will be no cost for attending the
workshop. Pre-registration will be required.

Information on how to register and on the proposed agenda will be sent
shortly to this same distribution. For travel planning purposes, the
meeting will run all day on December 8, with a social event that
evening, and for half a day on December 9, finishing immediately after
lunchtime.

-- 
Warren Kumari
Paul Vixie

---

From: hellekin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 06:55:52 -0300

>> Co-chairs: Warren Kumari and Paul Vixie
*** FYI, your sponsor is being singled-out as a malware operator:

https://en.greatfire.org/blog/2014/oct/apple-and-microsoft-trust-chinese-government-protect-your-communication

==
hk

---

From: John Kristoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:03:59 -0500

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:07:40 -0700
Paul Vixie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This two day workshop will focus on the DNS root service architecture
> issues raised by two current Internet Drafts:
> 
> increasing root zone availability to recursive name servers.

I can't make the workshop, but wow, very different indeed.  I'm
surprised no one has commented on the second draft at all.  Folks,
there is more than scaling and availability going on here.

John