Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang-00.txt

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:49:44 -0700

Hi,

I have posted two new IDs, one for a DNS description language, the other
for a DNS-JSON-DNS system,
designed to be operated either as a "bridge", or as a transparent proxy.

I'm hoping for some initial feedback, including whether either/both belong
in DNSOP.

Thanks,
Brian DIckson
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang-00.txt
To: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang
Revision:       00
Title:          A Language to Describe the DNS Wire Format
Document date:  2014-10-15
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          23
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-lang-00

Abstract:
   As part of the SPARTACUS DNS gateway system, building a full DNS
   parser was necessary.  Parsing DNS packets is the only way to avoid
   propogating packets which are not correctly formatted DNS packets.

   In order to facilitate building a new parser from scratch, the author
   chose to build a parser-builder which takes as input, a description
   of the DNS wire format.

   This document describes the language created to facilitate this
   description, and includes the resulting DNS wire format description
   in this language.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat