Subject: [DNSOP] A Preliminary Test for Loopback Server

From: Davey Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:03:40 +0800

Hi folks,

There is a test we have done to implement and verify the idea of Loopback
server according to the draft (draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback-00). There
are some findings and questions which you guys can help us to address.

Best Regards,
Davey

---

From: Evan Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:27:08 +0000

> are some findings and questions which you guys can help us to address.

Your implementation is problematic in several ways, most notably that
it involves adding an additional record to the root NS RRset, which will
cause DNSSEC-validating clients to fail.

A better approach is to leave the root zone intact and use a static-stub
zone in the resolver, which redirects all traffic for a specified zone
(in this case the root) to a particular server or set of servers.

Attached is a sample named.conf configuration which implements this using a
"root" view for the root zone slave, and a "recursive" view for recursion.
DNSSEC validation works correctly and the root zone will sync correctly.

-- 
Evan Hunt -- [email-masked]
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.

---

From: Evan Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:28:10 +0000

> DNSSEC validation works correctly and the root zone will sync correctly.

One of these days I want to write a mail client that checks for the word
"attached" and refuses to let me hit send until I attach something.

---

From: Seun Ojedeji <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:40:02 +0100

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
> "attached" and refuses to let me hit send until I attach something.
This is already valid with Google mail client.

Cheers!

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: Doug Barton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:48:50 -0800

> "attached" and refuses to let me hit send until I attach something.

Well the obvious solution is to attach the item first, then write the 
message. :)  ... and FWIW, Thunderbird will prompt you in the way you 
described.

Doug