Subject: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-dickinson-dnsop-5966-bis

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:04:43 -1000

This starts a Call for Adoption for draft-dickinson-dnsop-5966-bis

The draft is available here:
	https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickinson-dnsop-5966-bis/

Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for adoption 
by DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your view.

Please also indicate if you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.

This call for adoption ends Saturday November, 29th, 2014

Thanks,
tim wicinski
DNSOP co-chair

---

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:21:47 -0800

> Tim Wicinski <mailto:[email-masked]>
> Friday, November 14, 2014 4:04 PM
>
> Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for
> adoption by DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your view.
>

i think something like this is needed, and that this draft should be
adopted. i disagree with several aspects of the draft as written, and i
agree to review and contribute.

-- 
Paul Vixie

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:28:23 -1000

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 02:04:43PM -1000,
 Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote 

> This starts a Call for Adoption for draft-dickinson-dnsop-5966-bis

I believe TCP for DNS is very important, both to handle reflection
attacks and cache poisoning attempts, and for DNS privacy (where many
proposed solutions rely on TCP). I approve the general tone of the
draft (not only TCP but also good TCP). I support the adoption and I'm
willing to review (no time for real text contributions).

---

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 17:08:55 -1000

On Nov 14, 2014, at 2:04 PM, Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for adoption by DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your view.
> 

Strong support.
 will review and comment

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:21:30 +0100

>  This starts a Call for Adoption for draft-dickinson-dnsop-5966-bis

=> I support the adoption (even there are many points I disagree,
BTW it is more a reason to adopt it :-). I'll review it, etc.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 21:32:38 -0500

All

The Call for Adoption for this is wrapping up, and it appears we have 
consensus on the working group taking on this draft.  I want to thank 
everyone for their comments.  Authors, you should resubmit with the 
proper ID.

thanks
tim