Subject: [DNSOP] BCP 163, RFC 7793 on Adding 100.64.0.0/10 Prefixes to the IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 19:34:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 163        
        RFC 7793

        Title:      Adding 100.64.0.0/10 Prefixes to the 
                    IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry 
        Author:     M. Andrews
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 7713
        See Also:   BCP0163

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7793

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7793

RFC 6598 specifies that "Reverse DNS queries for Shared Address Space
addresses [100.64.0.0/10] MUST NOT be forwarded to the global DNS
infrastructure."

This document formally directs IANA to add the associated zones to
the "IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry" to prevent such queries
from accidentally leaking to the global DNS infrastructure.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC