Subject: [DNSOP] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-dnsop-nxdomain-cut

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:53:06 +0200

There has been some good discussion from the working group on the list, 
and with the recent discussion on root server tar pitting, it makes 
sense to move this document along.

This starts a Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-dnsop-nxdomain-cut

Current versions of the draft is available here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-nxdomain-cut/

This is a Standards Track document.

Please review the draft and offer relevant comments. Also, if someone 
feels the document is *not* ready for publication, please speak out with 
your reasons.

This starts a two week Working Group Last Call process, and ends at 
midnight 10 June 2016.

thanks
tim

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 11:19:12 -0700

At Thu, 26 May 2016 14:53:06 +0200,

> feels the document is *not* ready for publication, please speak out with

I've already provided comments on the latest version (03) of the
draft:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg17480.html

and I think it's ready for publication.  My comments are generally
minor and I'd leave it to the authors whether/how to address them.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 14:39:41 -0400

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> and with the recent discussion on root server tar pitting, it makes sense
> to move this document along.
>
Looks good to me.

Minor nits:

Last sentence of abstract contains "modifies a bit RFC 2308" which would be
better as "modifies RFC 2308 a bit"

"5. Implementation considerations"  second paragraph, last sentence
"this iterative caching DNS resolver stop searching"
might be better
"this iterative caching DNS resolver will stop searching"