Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 7901 on CHAIN Query Requests in DNS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:58:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7901

        Title:      CHAIN Query Requests in DNS 
        Author:     P. Wouters
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35252
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7901

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7901

This document defines an EDNS0 extension that can be used by a
security-aware validating resolver configured to use a forwarding
resolver to send a single query, requesting a complete validation
path along with the regular query answer.  The reduction in queries
potentially lowers the latency and reduces the need to send multiple
queries at once.  This extension mandates the use of source-IP-
verified transport such as TCP or UDP with EDNS-COOKIE, so it cannot
be abused in amplification attacks.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC