Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:40:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Managing DS records from parent via CDS/CDNSKEY
        Authors         : Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-06-10

Abstract:
   RFC7344 specifies how DNS trust can be partially maintained in-band
   between parent and child.  There are two features missing in that
   specification: initial trust setup and removal of trust anchor.  This
   document addresses both these omissions.

   Changing a domain's DNSSEC status can be a complicated matter
   involving multiple unrelated parties.  Some of these parties, such as
   the DNS operator, might not even be known by all the organizations
   involved.  The inability to disable DNSSEC via in-band signalling is
   seen as a problem or liability that prevents some DNSSEC adoption at
   large scale.  This document adds a method for in-band signalling of
   these DNSSEC status changes.

   Initial trust is considered in general to be a hard technical
   problem, this document sets forth reasonable policies that clarify
   and simplify the initial acceptance policy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:44:13 -0400

Dear colleagues

This version addresses all comments received during the WGLC,
The main changes are clarifications requested by reviewers.
In addition some reordering was done to fit better with the model that
operations are "Introduction Maintainance Deletion"
In the IANA section there is a new paragraph (section 6.1) that elevates
RFC7344 to standards track to avoid down reference.

Olafur

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:40 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 20:44:18 -0700

> RFC7344 to standards track to avoid down reference. 

lgtm, when the chairs send it to me I'll IETF LC it.

thanks
joel

> 
> Olafur 
> 
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:40 AM, <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> 
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org
>     <http://tools.ietf.org>.
> 
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>