Subject: [DNSOP] (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: 8 Oct 2016 01:59:57 -0000

>From not-for-mail  Fri Oct  7 22:00:19 2016
To: [email-masked]
Path: not-for-mail
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] In a vacuum, nobody can hear you scream, was On the call for adoption on Special Use Names
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 02:00:18 +0000 (UTC)
Organization: Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Cleverness: some
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test77 (Sep 1, 2010)
Originator: [email-masked] (John L)
From: John Levine <[email-masked]>

>We have .example and example.* for documentation, yet the XMPP
>documentation uses shakespeare.lit (I don't think .lit matches any SUN
>or any entry in any DNS-related RFC.) FWIW, wikipedia sends .lit to some
>Microsoft file extension.  One cannot say that Peter St Andre is
>ignorant of IETF processes.  Use of *example* in documentation and
>.invalid in free software is a good sign that developers are ready to
>follow suit and respect the norms.

In RFC 6120, it's shakespeare.example.com and shakespeare.example.  

If you're referring to some random web site, life is too short to
enumerate all of the things that are wrong on the web.