Subject: [DNSOP] Soliciting feedback for draft-kristoff-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements

From: John Kristoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 10:22:40 -0500

Friends,

If I could trouble you to consider reviewing this and provide any
comments you might have about it, that would be appreciated.  Thank you.

  DNS Transport over TCP - Operational Requirements
  <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kristoff-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-01>

Abstract

   This document encourages the practice of permitting DNS messages to
   be carried over TCP on the Internet.  It also describes some of the
   consequences of this behavior and the potential operational issues
   that can arise when this best common practice is not applied.

John

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 08:46:04 -0700

>    that can arise when this best common practice is not applied.

The document is well-written and a fairly neutral history of TCP use in 
DNS, but I don't see any of what I would call "requirements". Section 3 
is a discussion, not a list of requirements.

If this document has some concrete requirements (along with the history 
that is there), I would support this as a WG document.

--Paul Hoffman