Subject: [DNSOP] Updates from Monday Meeting

From: tjw ietf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:43:10 -0500

All

We know we ran out of time, which is a regular problem for us.  A
combination of being too optimistic in our scheduling and too many people
with interesting things to discuss.   In the past we've tried to ask for
multiple sessions,  but with the pressure on slots we've always backed
down.  We feel in Prague we're going to try for two slots, even if one is
an hour that we can talk about new work (for example)

But I don't want people to skip these presentations we've uploaded.

David Lawrence has two drafts (which he has mentioned since the meeting):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tale-dnsop-serve-stale
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tale-dnsop-edns0-clientid/

slides:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-dnsop-stale-server-and-extended-error-code-00.pdf

Warren and Wes have a draft on extended error codes that this operator
(not wearing any hats) finds completely interesting and would like to see
more of:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-extended-error/

slides:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-dnsop-dns-extended-error-codes-00.pdf

Ondrej is looking for feedback on adding new algorithsm to nsec3:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-dnsop-adding-new-algorithms-to-nsec3-00.pdf

Thanks again for a productive meeting.  We'll take to the mailing list any
votes, etc.

tim