Subject: [DNSOP] FW: [Ext] New Version Notification for draft-lewis-domain-names-06.txt

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:08:09 +0000

On 3/27/17, 13:52, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-lewis-domain-names-06.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Edward Lewis and posted to the
    IETF repository.
    
    Name:		draft-lewis-domain-names
    Revision:	06
    Title:		Domain Names, A Case for Clarifying
    Document date:	2017-03-27
    Group:		Individual Submission
     Pages:		16
     
     (Apologies if the URLs are mangled, I had to re-create them post-
     security alteration of incoming emails...)
     
     URL:       https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-lewis-domain-names-06.txt
     Status:    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lewis-domain-names/
     Htmlized:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-06
     Htmlized:  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-06
     Diff:      https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lewis-domain-names-06
     
     Abstract:
    This document researches the origin of the term Domain Name in the
    Request for Comments document series, documenting that the term did
    not originate in the documents defining the Domain Name System.  The
    document describes how the term came to be used, how the DNS followed,
    and surveys the diverse ways Domain Names have been interpreted within
    various protocols over time.  The purpose of this is to give a solid
    foundation for work on Domain Names across all protocols making use of
    Domain Names.
    
    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat