Subject: [DNSOP] Preliminary Agenda for

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 16:29:25 -0500

All

I've submitted an initial agenda, though I realize already I missed 1 or 
2.  I will update once I reach my next destination.

Also, the question for MeetEcho is whether anyone wishes to present 
remotely at IETF98.  If so, please let us know so we can make preparations.

The meeting is Monday afternoon at 1pm, so I am hoping all slides will 
be submitted to the chairs by the weekend.

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/agenda/agenda-98-dnsop-00

thanks
tim
------

## DNS Operations (DNSOP) Working Group
# IETF 98, Chicago

### Date: Monday 27 March 2017
### Time: 13:00-15:00 CST (19:00-21:00 UTC)
### Room: Zurich D
### Chairs: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
### Chairs: Suzanne Woolf <[email-masked]>

## Secretary: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>

[DocList](https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/dnsop/doclist.html)
[DataTracker](https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/documents/)

---
# Agenda
###  Agenda Bashing, Blue Sheets, etc,  10 min

### Updates of Old Work, Chairs

* Hoffman, 
[dns-terminology-bis](https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis/), 
10 min

## Current Working Group Business

* draft-woodworth-bulk-rr
     BULK DNS Resource Records

draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format
     C-DNS: A DNS Packet Capture Format

## New Working Group Business

* draft-vcelak-nsec5
     NSEC5, DNSSEC Authenticated Denial of Existence

* draft-kristoff-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements
     DNS Transport over TCP - Operational Requirements

* draft-bellis-dnsop-xpf
     EDNS X-Proxied-For

* draft-sury-dnssec-nsec3-blake2
     Use of BLAKE2 Algoritms in Hashed Authentication Denial of 
Existence (NSEC3) Records for DNSSEC

* draft-tale-dnsop-edns0-clientid
     Client ID in Forwarded DNS Queries

---

From: John Kristoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:42:05 -0600

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 21:29:25 +0000

>      DNS Transport over TCP - Operational Requirements

Oh thanks Tim.  I wasn't sure if this was going to make it into the WG's
plans.  I had started a revised version of the draft, which I intend to
have updated and uploaded by the 13th for review.  The last -01 version
just expired a few days ago, but should be easily found if anyone wants
to take a look at it.

Here are the changes that I've made or may make for the next revision
based in part on some comments already given:

  * Some grammatical, spelling fixes.

  * At least a mention of IETF RFC 7858 (DNS over TLS)

  * Revamped Requirements section.

  * Possibly some operational guidance like that found in section 10 of
    IETF RFC 7766 (DNS over TCP implementation requirements)

  * Possibly some history of TCP versus UDP implementation differences.

  * Possibly a summary of current DNS standards related to TCP.

More comments welcome of course.

John