Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:54:05 -0500

On 2/29/2016 5:32 PM, joel jaeggli wrote:
> On 2/29/16 3:12 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:
>   Per [RFC2434], IANA is requested to establish a DNS Underscore Name
>    Registry, for DNS node names that begin with the underscore character
>    (_) and have been specified in any published RFC, or are documented
>    by a specification published by another standards organization.  The
>    contents of each entry are defined in Section 4
>
> So the registry policy I read as specification required given the
> inclusion of 3rd party documents rather than RFC required.  Is that how
> you read it? Should those be subject to expert review?

That's the intent of the text:  Reliable access to a specification 
attached to the registration, but no requirement for much quality 
control on the spec...

> anyway 5226 obsoleted 2434 so I'd probably cite that.

ack. tnx.

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net