Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: INVITATION: IETF Overview and Special-Use Domain Names Problem Statement Last Call Webex - Tuesday May 23, at 1700-1830 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 11:46:08 +0000

Dear DNSOP,

Because the special use names topic has some overlap/ interest for ICANN,
we wanted to invite ICANN participants to participate in the IETF last
call.

There will be a WebEx for this -- it won't really discuss the content of
the SUTLD document (we want people to read the document itself), instead it
will describe the IETF process and then how to provide feedback on the
document (send mail to the list :-))

This is less likely to be useful for IETF participants (y'all already know
the process), but the invite is below if you'd like to join.

W

W

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Olive <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 16, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Subject: INVITATION: IETF Overview and Special-Use Domain Names Problem
Statement Last Call Webex - Tuesday May 23, at 1700-1830 UTC
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>, David Conrad <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>, Ralph Droms <
[email-masked]>, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>, Duncan Burns <
[email-masked]>, Soininen, Jonne (Nokia - FI/Espoo) <
[email-masked]>

INVITATION FROM THE IETF TO THE ICANN COMMUNITY

*This session is intended to help the ICANN community understand the IETF
process and productively participate in the discussion of a document on
Special Use Names that may be of interest.*

   The DNSOP Working Group within the IETF has recently completed work on

   a problem statement document on Special-Use Domain Names

   (draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps-03 -

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps/ ).  The

   IETF will soon be initiating their final comment period for the document
– the

   IETF Last Call. The IETF would like to invite the ICANN community to
share their input

   on the document.

   This session will start with an overview of the IETF last call process
and how it works.

   It will then have a short summary of the SUTLD document, and describe

   how to provide comments.

   It would be helpful for participants to have read "The Tao of IETF: A

   Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force"

   (https://www.ietf.org/tao.html )

*   This session will be held via WebEx on Tuesday, May 23, at 1700 -1830
UTC.  Webex participation details are included below.*

*Meeting
Link: https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m1333532ce167e4a5a09b1d42d002b632
<https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m1333532ce167e4a5a09b1d42d002b632>
(going
to this link in advance of the meeting will allow you to generate a
calendar invitation)*

*Join by phone:*

*1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada)*

*1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*

*Meeting number: 310 638 156*

*Meeting password: LastCall*