Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-yao-dnsop-accompanying-questions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 00:41:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : A DNS Query including A Main Question with Accompanying Questions
        Authors         : Jiankang Yao
                          Paul Vixie
                          Ning Kong
                          Xiaodong Li
	Filename        : draft-yao-dnsop-accompanying-questions-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-06-23

Abstract:
   This document enables DNS initiators to send a main question
   accompanying with several related questions in a single DNS query,
   and enables DNS responders to put the answers into a single DNS
   response.  This extension enables a range of initiators to look up
   "X, or failing that, Y" in a better way than both current
   alternatives.  This mechanism can reduce the number of DNS round-
   trips per application work-unit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yao-dnsop-accompanying-questions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yao-dnsop-accompanying-questions-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yao-dnsop-accompanying-questions-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yao-dnsop-accompanying-questions-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/