Subject: [DNSOP] Agenda for IETF100

From: tjw ietf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 23:07:54 -0400

All,

Here's the latest agenda for IETF100 in Singapore.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-dnsop/

This should take into account all requests for time as of this afternoon.
Definitely email if something was missed.  I don't plan on major changes at
this point.

As you can see, we have time for our Monday Morning slot of 2.5 hours.
Because of this, we're currently planning on giving back the Thursday
meeting slot.

Since the Monday meeting is *first thing* Monday Morning, I will be
expecting slides by Sunday afternoon 12 November.

I am arriving in Singapore this coming Wednesday 8 November, as  I have a
few days in the local office.

thanks and see folks in Singapore

tim

-------
# DNS Operations (DNSOP) Working Group
## IETF 100, Singapore
### Session I

* Date: Monday 13 November 2017
* Time: 09:30-1200 SGT (UTC+8)
* Room: Padang

* Chairs: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
* Chairs: Suzanne Woolf <[email-masked]>

* Secretary: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>

* IESG Overlord: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>

* [DocList](https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/dnsop/doclist.html)
* [DataTracker](https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/documents/)

---
## Agenda

### Administrivia

* Agenda Bashing, Blue Sheets, etc,  10 min

* Updates of Old Work, Chairs, 10 min

---
### Current Working Group Business

* [draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis-07). Hoffman,
15min
    Chairs feel we are closing in on WGLC, but need reviewers

* [draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-07),
Hardaker, 10min
    WGLC ended with lack of consensus and gaping questions.

* [draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-00), Hardeker,
10min
    questions from 16 October

* [draft-ietf-dnsop-let-localhost-be-localhost](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-let-localhost-be-localhost-01),
Random HTTP Person, 10min
    resolve any loose threads from adopted version

* [draft-bellis-dnsop-xpf](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bellis-dnsop-xpf-03), Bellis, 10min
    lots of push back last time

---
### New Working Group Business

* [draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00),
Fujiwara, 15min
    another multiple responses idea, with code

* [draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-06),
Migault, 10min
    Authors feel this should be a WG document?

* [draft-huston-kskroll-sentinel](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huston-kskroll-sentinel-02), Huston, 10min
    does the working group feel as a useful option?

* [draft-dupont-dnsop-rfc2845bis](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dupont-dnsop-rfc2845bis-00), Dupont, 10min
    this addresses the TSIG bug from this summer

* [draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal](
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00), Kumari, 10min

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 20:16:00 +0800

On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 11:07:54PM -0400,
 tjw ietf <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Because of this, we're currently planning on giving back the Thursday

Any news on that? The monday session collides with DIN which is really
unfortunate for me because they talk a lot about name resolution
(Namecoin, Ethereum Name Service). I may face a hard choice.

(And thursday collides with CBOR, which is a smaller problem for me.)

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:58:13 +0530

I can summarize ENS for you.

It takes 4 out of 7 geeks to bypass the blockchain in case of emergency, court orders or kneecaps.

According to the presentation held at ICANN60

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 10, 2017, at 17:46, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:25:08 +0800

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 05:58:13PM +0530,
 Paul Wouters <[email-masked]> wrote 

> According to the presentation held at ICANN60

Well, if someone at ICANN said so, someone is wrong (or, at the
minimum, over-simplificator).

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 20:17:34 +0530

The ENS developer said so in response to my question.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 10, 2017, at 19:55, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 02:59:28 +0800

Can confirm, as can anyone willing to go to an Adobe Connect archive. For the curious:

https://participate.icann.org/p6u03rimy92/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

The discussion on Ethereum by Leonard Tan, an Ethereum developer, starts at 00:31:00. Paul’s question is at 00:42:16. From the transcript:

>> PAUL:  PAUL, IETF.  LET'S SAY IETF GETS THE DOMAINS IETF IN THIS NAMING SYSTEM AND WE PAY OUR FEES FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.  EVERYBODY USES THE SITE.  AND THEN AT SOME POINT WE FORGET TO PAY AND THE DOMAIN FALLS BACK INTO THE POOL AND SOMEBODY ELSE REGISTERS IT AND WE DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE OR WHO THEY ARE.  NOW I GO TO A COURT SYSTEM.  I GET SOME LEGAL OPINION SAYING I OWN THIS TRADEMARK AND NOW I WANT TO GET THIS DOMAIN BACK.  IS THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO GET THIS DOMAIN BACK?
>>LEONARD TAN:  SO RIGHT NOW, THE ENS INDUSTRY, YOU CAN CHANGE IT BECAUSE IT REQUIRES FOUR OUT OF SEVEN PEOPLE.  MOST OF THEM ARE ETHEREUM DEVELOPERS.  AND IT IS A CONSENSUS OF THEM TO MAKE ANY CHANGES.  SO IT IS POSSIBLE, BUT IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY DIFFICULT THING TO DO.

Regards,
-drc

---

From: tjw ietf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:11:06 +0800

Great question Paul and thanks for getting that on record.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 2:59 AM, David Conrad <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The discussion on Ethereum by Leonard Tan, an Ethereum developer, starts
> at 00:31:00. Paul’s question is at 00:42:16. From the transcript:
>
> >> PAUL:  PAUL, IETF.  LET'S SAY IETF GETS THE DOMAINS IETF IN THIS NAMING
> SYSTEM AND WE PAY OUR FEES FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.  EVERYBODY USES THE
> SITE.  AND THEN AT SOME POINT WE FORGET TO PAY AND THE DOMAIN FALLS BACK
> INTO THE POOL AND SOMEBODY ELSE REGISTERS IT AND WE DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY
> ARE OR WHO THEY ARE.  NOW I GO TO A COURT SYSTEM.  I GET SOME LEGAL OPINION
> SAYING I OWN THIS TRADEMARK AND NOW I WANT TO GET THIS DOMAIN BACK.  IS
> THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO GET THIS DOMAIN BACK?
> >>LEONARD TAN:  SO RIGHT NOW, THE ENS INDUSTRY, YOU CAN CHANGE IT BECAUSE
> IT REQUIRES FOUR OUT OF SEVEN PEOPLE.  MOST OF THEM ARE ETHEREUM
> DEVELOPERS.  AND IT IS A CONSENSUS OF THEM TO MAKE ANY CHANGES.  SO IT IS
> POSSIBLE, BUT IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY DIFFICULT THING TO DO.
>
> Regards,
> -drc
>

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 09:31:47 +0800

> (Namecoin, Ethereum Name Service). I may face a hard choice.

We've had to cancel the dinrg session on Monday, although we
may have a small side meeting in that time slot, or another
time.

Melinda

---

From: william manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:53:12 -0800

Please keep us posted on the logistics