Subject: [DNSOP] DINRG update

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:12:03 +0800

With regrets to the fine folks of dnsop, we've scheduled the
dinrg side meeting from 9:30 - 12:00 this morning.  We realize
that there are many people in the dns community who are
interested in decentralized approaches to naming but scheduling
during this meeting has been exceptionally difficult.  We'll
try to make sure to avoid dnsop (and other dns working group)
conflicts in the future.

Melinda

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:17:13 +0800

> try to make sure to avoid dnsop (and other dns working group)

This is showing up on the agenda as canceled.

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:23:50 +0800

> This is showing up on the agenda as canceled.

Yes, this is an informal side meeting - the actual session is
canceled.

Melinda

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:20:08 +0800

Melinda,

What's the location for the side meeting?

Thanks
    Erik

On 11/13/2017 08:12 AM, Melinda Shore wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: Dave Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 04:13:35 -0500

On Nov 13, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> wrote:
> during this meeting has been exceptionally difficult.

Given that the Thursday dnsop slot from 15:50-17:50 has been
cancelled, is there interest in having another get-together then?

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:21:59 +0800

> cancelled, is there interest in having another get-together then?

That's still scheduled against both nwcrg and acme, so it's not a
great time.  The core issue that led to us canceling the session
was that many of the people doing active work in this space (and
naming is by no means the only infrastructure problem, here) were
unable to travel to Singapore.  We have loose plans to have an
interim at NDSS and then to meet again in London,

People doing work in this area should definitely join the dinrg
mailing list, and let us know what you're working on and if you'd
like to present that work at an upcoming session.

Melinda