Subject: [DNSOP] IAB seeks volunteer to serve on ICANN study group for root zone label generation

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:49:57 -0800

Greetings,

As part of their work on the deployment of IDNs in the root zone, ICANN
plans to convene a technical study group on the application of root zone
label generation rules
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-02-08-en> .  They have the
asked the IAB to assist in the nomination of experts to this panel, and the
IAB has agreed.  We are therefore seeking community volunteers to assist
with this work.

The technical experts are expected to be familiar with the technical
standards and the issues relevant to these ICANN activities, primarily DNS
and IDNA2008 standards and DNS registry operational practices. See the link
above for additional background and applicable areas of expertise.
If you are interested, please send a short email message to
[email-masked] with a copy to [email-masked] with your motivation and
information concerning your familiarity with the IETF and ICANN.  The
deadline for volunteering is March 16, 2018.

Thanks,

Ted Hardie
for the IAB