Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 03:09:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Root Key Trust Anchor Sentinel for DNSSEC
        Authors         : Geoff Huston
                          Joao Silva Damas
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-13.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-06-05

Abstract:
   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
   authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
   signatures.  These digital signatures can be verified by building a
   chain of trust starting from a trust anchor and proceeding down to a
   particular node in the DNS.  This document specifies a mechanism that
   will allow an end user and third parties to determine the trusted key
   state for the root key of the resolvers that handle that user's DNS
   queries.  Note that this method is only applicable for determining
   which keys are in the trust store for the root key.

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/APNIC-Labs/draft-kskroll-sentinel.  The most
   recent version of the document, open issues, etc should all be
   available here.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.  RFC
   Editor, please remove text in square brackets before publication. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 08:05:09 -0700

Thank you to the document authors for this quite extensive revision. The 
document feels much more internally consistent and readable, at least 
from an implementer's point of view.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 12:16:13 -0400

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-13
Looks good.
A few nits:

 4.1. Test Scenario and Objective

"loose" -> "lose"

4.3. Test Procedure
"The sentinel detection process test a DNS resolution environment with
three query names:"

Perhaps "tests" is better grammer?
"The sentinel detection process *tests* a DNS resolution environment with
three query names:"

-- 
Bob Harold

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 09:27:02 -0400

​Thank you!

As these are nits I just went ahead and integrated them --
https://github.com/APNIC-Labs/draft-kskroll-sentinel/commit/ba6794afbb585664841e9e8500ae719092f21fe2#diff-9030ca57bd3260a4a1010c41307b185c

Thanks again,
  W​

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 12:16 PM Bob Harold <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf