Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb-03.txt

From: Manabu Sonoda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:20:25 +0900 (JST)

Dear DNSOP,

I wrote LB RR that is one of  the XNAME RR, include geolocation and
weight load balancing information.
I made PoC resolver and name server and I tried some stub resolver use LB RR.
But no good results.

I think that even if name server and full resolver implement XNAME,
Stub resolver can not be used immediately.

-- 
Manabu Sonoda <[email-masked]>
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.

Forwarded by Manabu Sonoda
---------- forward begin ----------
From: [email-masked]
Date: 2018/06/23 23:06
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb-03.txt
----------

A new version of I-D, draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Manabu Sonoda and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb
Revision:	03
Title:		DNS load balancing
Document date:	2018-06-23
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb-03
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sonoda-dnsop-dnslb-03

Abstract:
   This document defines a new DNS load balance function that is able to
   transfer information in zone transfer and not need online signing.
   DNS base load balance is popular technology.  It provides weight base
   response and location base response.  It have become an indispensable
   part of traffic engineering.  However, DNS base load balance can't
   transfer load balance information in zone transfer and need online
   singing because it is not standardized.  This document defines a new
   DNS resource record called "LB" and new EDNS option bit called "LS".
   LB RR provides the balancing information weight, location and target
   domain name.  LS bit provides the change response mechanism in name
   servers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---------- forward end ----------