Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 10:38:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Stateful Operations
        Authors         : Ray Bellis
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          John Dickinson
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Ted Lemon
                          Tom Pusateri
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2018-06-07

Abstract:
   This document defines a new DNS OPCODE for DNS Stateful Operations
   (DSO).  DSO messages communicate operations within persistent
   stateful sessions, using type-length-value (TLV) syntax.  Three TLVs
   are defined that manage session timeouts, termination, and encryption
   padding, and a framework is defined for extensions to enable new
   stateful operations.  This document updates RFC 1035 by adding a new
   DNS header opcode and result code which has different message
   semantics.  This document updates RFC 7766 by redefining a session,
   providing new guidance on connection re-use, and providing a new
   mechanism for handling session idle timeouts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 13:42:26 -0400

This updated version adds some minor changes requested by Warren including anycast clarifcation, a new RFC reference, and IANA helpers.

Tom

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 1:38 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 13:56:23 -0400

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 1:43 PM Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This updated version adds some minor changes requested by Warren including
> anycast clarifcation, a new RFC reference, and IANA helpers.
>
> Tom
>
>

Minor nit:

In the added paragraph, the line:
"If after the connection is, the client's assumption"

Needs another word, like 'resumed' or 'recreated' or such:
"If after the connection is recreated, the client's assumption"

-- 
Bob Harold

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:32:31 -0400

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 1:56 PM, Bob Harold <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 1:43 PM Tom Pusateri <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Thanks! Fixed on github. We’ll wait for more feedback from the review process to submit a new version.

Tom

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:37:56 -0400

> "If after the connection is recreated, the client's assumption"

Re-established?