Subject: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:32:37 -0400

We discussed this and there appears to be support to adopt this, with
the caveat of adding more content to the section on Operational
Considerations.

This starts a Call for Adoption for draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis

The draft is available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis/

Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for adoption
by DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your view.

Please also indicate if you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.

This call for adoption ends: 9 August 2018

Thanks,
tim wicinski
DNSOP co-chair

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 13:38:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, Tim Wicinski wrote:

> the caveat of adding more content to the section on Operational Considerations.
> 
> 
> The draft is available here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis/

I strongly support this effort and would like this work to be adopted by
the WG and will commit to contribute text and reviews.

I would like it if it would update some older core DNS RFCs to ensure
that this method of resolving becomes the preferred and default method
for recursive querying (that is, make this method a SHOULD or MUST)

Paul

---

From: Davey Song(宋林健) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:31:00 +0800

+1

DNS privacy is an important issue. I support this adoption. And I’m willing to review it. 

Davey

发件人: DNSOP [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Tim Wicinski
发送时间: 2018年7月25日 0:33
收件人: dnsop
主题: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis

 

Thanks,

tim wicinski

DNSOP co-chair

---

From: Petr Špaček <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:55:17 +0200

> This call for adoption ends: 9 August 2018

I support adoption & will review.

-- 
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC

---

From: Paul Ebersman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 07:48:07 -0600

tjw> We discussed this and there appears to be support to adopt this,
tjw> with the caveat of adding more content to the section on
tjw> Operational Considerations.

[...]

tjw> Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for
tjw> adoption by DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your
tjw> view.

I think this revision is good and agree that operational considerations
review is important, as there have been interoperability issues with
minimization and some auth servers. I can review the updated draft.

---

From: manu tman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 21:08:05 -0700

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis/

I support adoption and will be reviewing. I would also like to see a more
exhaustive operational considerations section.

Manu

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: Shumon Huque <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 00:16:09 -0400

> exhaustive operational considerations section.

I also support adoption and will review.

Shumon.