Subject: [DNSOP] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 10:03:32 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for this document, I find it to be well written and useful.

One small nit:

In Section 9.3:

   Requests to register additional new DSO Type Codes in the
   "Unassigned" range 0040-F7FF are to be recorded by IANA after Expert
   Review [RFC8126].  At the time of publication of this document, the
   Designated Expert for the newly created DSO Type Code registry is
   [*TBD*].

The last sentence is not going to age well (even though it is "TBD").
I think it should be removed from the document and such instructions
should be sent separately to IANA in the IESG ballot.