Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Working Group Last Call for: draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:54:29 -0700

On 6/28/2018 12:02 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2018, at 7:19, Dave Crocker wrote:
> 
>> On 6/27/2018 3:01 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>>> Due to its nature, the document is a bit difficult to read, but I 
>>> don't have any suggestion about how to make it better.
>>
>> Could you at least provide some description of what it is that you 
>> find difficult?
> 
> It feels like it loops into itself, where 3.1 and 3.2 sound like, but 
> are different than, 2.2 and 2.3. I've stared it, and I don't see a way 
> to make it better without making 2.2 and 2.3 more convoluted. It's not 
> worth worrying about more unless someone else comes up with a 
> simplification that is actually simpler.

Hmmm.  I did find some small-but-irritating disparities in parallel 
texts that should have been identical other than in naming the RR or 
other actual differences.

But I suspect you are reacting to something else.

Section 2 is about the specific, instance documents while Section 3 is 
about the 'meta' documents.  These two sections need to have some 
similarities quite important differences, I think.

Anyhow, I'm not seeing any significant changes more any obvious need for 
them, absent something figuring out the deeper issue you are reacting to.

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net