Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 06:19:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG)
        Authors         : Francis Dupont
                          Stephen Morris
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-07-17

Abstract:
   This protocol allows for transaction level authentication using
   shared secrets and one way hashing.  It can be used to authenticate
   dynamic updates as coming from an approved client, or to authenticate
   responses as coming from an approved name server.

   No provision has been made here for distributing the shared secrets:
   it is expected that a network administrator will statically configure
   name servers and clients using some out of band mechanism.

   This document includes revised original TSIG specifications (RFC2845)
   and its extension for HMAC-SHA (RFC4635).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/