Subject: [DNSOP] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 12:28:19 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Mirja on her point about this document not seeming to Update
rfc2308.

Both the IETF Last Call thread [1] and the Shepherd's writeup point at having
this document not be Informational so it can Update rfc2308.  Putting that
point aside, I don't think this document needs to be published as a BCP to
reflect the current evolution of the DNS vocabulary.  I would prefer it if the
status was reconsidered.

Given that we're already past IETF LC, I won't stand in the way as I am
probably in the rough.  I am then balloting "No Objection" because I think this
is a clear and important document.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/9KsgYjBAxz5kzdeFLbht0IWjPkM