Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:28:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Providing Minimal-Sized Responses to DNS Queries that have QTYPE=ANY
        Authors         : Joe Abley
                          Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Marek Majkowski
                          Evan Hunt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-08-14

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System (DNS) specifies a query type (QTYPE) "ANY".
   The operator of an authoritative DNS server might choose not to
   respond to such queries for reasons of local policy, motivated by
   security, performance or other reasons.

   The DNS specification does not include specific guidance for the
   behaviour of DNS servers or clients in this situation.  This document
   aims to provide such guidance.

   This document updates RFC 1034 and RFC 1035.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:36:27 -0400

Greetings, refuse-any fans!

I updated the document to address our AD's comments. We also fixed the oversight by which Evan was not already an author. There are some brief notes in the change section for anybody who wants more detailed insight.

> On 14 Aug 2018, at 15:28, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop