Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 11:00:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Scoped Data Through "Underscore" Naming of Attribute Leaves
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-08-21

Abstract:
   Formally, any DNS resource record may occur under any domain name.
   However some services have defined an operational convention, which
   applies to DNS leaf nodes that are under a DNS branch having one or
   more reserved node names, each beginning with an _underscore.  The
   underscored naming construct defines a semantic scope for DNS record
   types that are associated with the parent domain, above the
   underscored branch.  This specification explores the nature of this
   DNS usage and defines the "DNS Global Underscore Scoped Entry
   Registry" with IANA.  The purpose of the Underscore registry is to
   avoid collisions resulting from the use of the same underscore-based
   name, for different services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:14:39 -0400

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13

Minor typo in 4.2

"as lower-case, to simply name comparisons."
simply -> simplify

-- 
Bob Harold

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Aug 2018 14:15:12 -0400

>	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-13.txt

It looks fine except that section 6.1 on wildcards vs. underscores is
gone.  Was that deliberate?  I don't recall anyone complainging about
it.

R's,
John

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 11:51:39 -0700

> gone.  Was that deliberate?  I don't recall anyone complainging about

Moved to Section 1.4.

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net