Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-aname-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:25:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Address-specific DNS aliases (ANAME)
        Authors         : Tony Finch
                          Evan Hunt
                          Peter van Dijk
                          Anthony Eden
                          Matthijs Mekking
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-aname-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-04-15

Abstract:
   This document defines the "ANAME" DNS RR type, to provide similar
   functionality to CNAME, but only for type A and AAAA queries.  Unlike
   CNAME, an ANAME can coexist with other record types.  The ANAME RR
   allows zone owners to make an apex domain name into an alias in a
   standards compliant manner.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-aname/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-aname-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-aname-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-aname-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 13:45:05 -0400

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-aname-03
Looks good to me, one minor nit.

5.1. Zone transfers

"Secondary servers that rely on zone transfers to obtain sibling
   address records, just like the rest of the zone, and serve them in
   the usual way (with Section 3 Additional section processing if they
   support it)."

That's not a complete sentence.  Perhaps remove the word "that".

-- 
Bob Harold