Subject: [DNSOP] Ongoing discussion of DoH, DoT, and related issues

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 14:19:46 -0400

A mailing list has been created for the ongoing discussion of issues
with DNS over HTTPS, DNS over TLS, implementation choices for those,
application usage, operational concerns, privacy concerns, performance
concerns, and any other such.  Please take all that related discussion
to the new list and please stop discussing it on DOH, DPRIVE, DNSOP,
and any other lists — that will keep the related discussion in one
place, and avoid fragmenting it and having people repeat themselves
because of the fragmentation.

The new list is called ADD — Applications Doing DNS:
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/add
...and it's in the "to" list of this message.  Subscriptions are now open.

With this message I’m asking the working group chairs for DOH, DPRIVE,
and DNSOP to be strict about stopping discussion of these topics on
their lists, and directing people to the new “ADD” list.

Of course, work directly relevant to the charters of these working
groups should continue on their respective lists, as usual.

For the longer term, the relevant ADs are discussing the right path.
At the moment that looks like a BoF in Montreal (IETF 105) aimed at
forming an “ADD” working group, most likely in the ART Area but with
significant crossover expected and desired from Ops, Sec, Int, and
probably the rest of the <strike>solar system</strike> IETF community.

Barry Leiba, ART AD