Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 12:16:02 +0530

Hi all,

This draft
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03
explains mechanism to automatically bootstrap endpoints to discover and
authenticate DNS-over-(D)TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers provided by a local
network.

The specification discusses :

(1) Bootstrapping phase to automatically bootstrap the endpoint devices
with authentication domain name (ADN) (defined in [RFC8310]) and
associating  the DNS server certificate (similar to PKIX-EE(1) defined in
DANE).
(2) Discovery Phase to discover the privacy-enabling protocols supported by
the local DNS server.
(3) Connection handshake and DNS server certificate validation.
(4) A new privacy certificate extension is defined that identifies the
privacy preserving data policy of the DNS server.

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Cheers,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 at 20:27
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03.txt
To: Mohamed Boucadair <[email-masked]>, Tirumaleswar Reddy <
[email-masked]>, Dan Wing <[email-masked]>, Michael C.
Richardson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server
Revision:       03
Title:          A Bootstrapping Procedure to Discover and Authenticate
DNS-over-(D)TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS Servers
Document date:  2019-05-07
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          21
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dprive-bootstrap-dns-server-03

Abstract:
   This document specifies mechanisms to automatically bootstrap
   endpoints (e.g., hosts, Customer Equipment) to discover and
   authenticate DNS-over-(D)TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers provided by a
   local network.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat