Subject: [DNSOP] draft-mekking-dnsop-obsolete-dlv

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 07:34:24 -0400

All

First, we want to thank Matthijs on putting together such a straight
forward and complete document.

After discussing this amongst ourselves, and with our AD, and reading the
specifics here:

https://www.ietf.org/blog/iesg-statement-designating-rfcs-historic/

We are going to take the path of Step 2, which is:

An individual or a working group posts an Internet Draft containing an
explanation of the reason for the status change. The I-D is discussed and
iterated as usual for I-Ds. At some point, it is sent to an appropriate AD
to request publication. The AD creates a status-change document, with an
explanation that points to the I-D. The I-D and the status-change are then
last-called together, after which the IESG evaluates and ballots on both.
If the change is approved, the content of the I-D is moved into the
status-change document, and the I-D is marked as "dead", having served its
purpose.

This method is best when the explanation is not extensive, but needs
document discussion and development.

The Chairs adopt this as a WG Document, and we feel this is something
straightforward enough that any editorial comments can be in within the
next three (3) weeks, wrapping up at the end of IETF105, 26 July 2019.

If anyone feels this is too short a time, please speak now.  Otherwise,
please send any editorial comments to the authors and let's move DLV to the
dustbin of history.

thanks

tim