Subject: [dnssd] Adoption call for draft-sctl-advertising-proxy

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 15:02:36 -0700

Hi DNSSD enthusiasts,

This email starts an official adoption call
for draft-sctl-advertising-proxy by the DNSSD working group. This call asks
whether we think that this document is a good starting point for working
group discussion. That means that it is still possible to adopt a document
with issues if we believe we'll be able to solve those issues together as a
working group. As such we are asking two questions:

1) if you believe that this document is not something the working
group should be working on, please speak up now

2) if you have read the document and would like to discuss it further
inside the DNSSD working group, please say so as well

For this call to succeed, we'll need statements of explicit support from
people who have read the draft. Please send statements in either direction
as responses to this email. This call will be open until 2021-08-15 23:59
UTC.

Thanks,
David

---

From: Jonathan Hui <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 13:25:14 -0700

I have reviewed the latest version of this document
(draft-sctl-advertising-proxy-02) and believe this work should be adopted
by this working group.

The advertising proxy addresses important use cases for Matter and Thread
and makes it possible to discover services registered via SRP via mDNS.

OpenThread includes an open source implementation of the advertising proxy
- anyone interested in playing with it, see the Thread Border Router Codelab
<https://openthread.io/codelabs/openthread-border-router#0>.

Thanks to Ted and Stuart for driving this effort.

--
Jonathan Hui

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 3:03 PM David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dnssd mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnssd
>