Subject: Algorithm 253

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:51:31 -0500

I'm doing updates to the rest of the main DNSSEC cluster of drafts
(ddi, dss, and rsa were updated and posted in October).  Mostly minor
changes primarily based on IESG feedback such as addition of IANA
Considerstions sections and inclusion of a reference to RFC 2119 (key
words).

The biggest draft, draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-*.txt, probably has the
most minor changes.  The one item on which there seemed to be the
least agreement was section 4.2 where the inclusion of a SIG with an
answer RR is given higher priority than the inclusion of additional
information RRs.  Unless there a consensus to change the standard, I
plan to leave that wording as it is.

Algorithm 254 in that draft is currently assigned to private algorithms
designated by OID.  Unless there is objection, I'd like to define
algorithm 253 to be for private algorithms designated by domain name.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913