Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 03:45:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Data Channel Specification
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Kaname Nishizuka
                          Liang Xia
                          Prashanth Patil
                          Andrew Mortensen
                          Nik Teague
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-19.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2018-09-03

Abstract:
   The document specifies a Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat
   Signaling (DOTS) data channel used for bulk exchange of data that
   cannot easily or appropriately communicated through the DOTS signal
   channel under attack conditions.

   This is a companion document to the DOTS signal channel
   specification.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Data Channel Specification";

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   Please update these statements with the RFC number to be assigned to
   the following documents:

   o  "RFC YYYY: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification" (used to be
      [I-D.ietf-dots-signal-channel])

   o  "RFC ZZZZ: Network Access Control List (ACL) YANG Data Model"
      (used to be [I-D.ietf-netmod-acl-model])

   Please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-data-channel/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Konda, Tirumaleswar Reddy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 10:47:05 +0000

This revision addresses comment from Kathleen and adds the following lines to Security Considerations section.

The installation of black-list and white-list rules using RESTCONF over TLS reveal the attacker IP addresses and legitimate IP addresses 
only to the DOTS server trusted by the DOTS client. The secure communication channel between DOTS agents provides privacy and prevents a network eavesdropper from 
gaining access to the black-listed and white-listed IP addresses.

-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dots <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 4:16 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-19.txt
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Dots mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dots