Subject: [Dots] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-04.txt> (Controlling Filtering Rules Using Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 06:14:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG (dots)
to consider the following document: - 'Controlling Filtering Rules Using
Distributed Denial-of-Service Open
   Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel'
  <draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an extension to the DOTS signal channel
   protocol so that DOTS clients can control their filtering rules when
   an attack mitigation is active.

   Particularly, this extension allows a DOTS client to activate or de-
   activate existing filtering rules during a DDoS attack.  The
   characterization of these filtering rules is supposed to be conveyed
   by a DOTS client during an idle time by means of the DOTS data
   channel protocol.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Controlling Filtering Rules Using Distributed Denial-
      of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel";

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   o  [RFCXXXX]

   Please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.