Subject: [Dots] draft-ietf-core-new-block for draft-ietf-dots-telemetry

From: "Jon Shallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 13:26:01 -0000

Hi All,

Following the Core meeting at IETF 110 today,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-new-block/ which handles
sending a CoAP non-confirmable body split over multiple payloads, has passed
WGLC, and is waiting for the write-up to progress the document to the IESG.

This draft refers to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bosh-dots-quick-blocks-01 for an
example mechanism to negotiate the additional congestion control parameters
using the DOTS signal channel configuration mechanism, defining some new
YANG/CBOR mapping entries.

This draft has been implemented, available using libcoap and the specific
code (not merged) can be found at https://github.com/obgm/libcoap/pull/611
and has been tested in lossy and DOTS environments.

This draft is of significance for the DOTS telemetry draft (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-15#section-4
.3 ), which needs to be able to continue to send (large) telemetry
information under network attack situations.

Regards

Jon