Subject: [Dots] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8783 (6496)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 06:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8783,
"Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Data Channel Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6496

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Mohamed Boucadair <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.3

Original Text
-------------
   A DOTS client can also issue a GET request with a "content" query
   parameter set to 'non-config' to exclusively retrieve non-
   configuration data bound to a given ACL as shown in Figure 30.  A
   response to this GET request is shown in Figure 31.

     GET /restconf/data/ietf-dots-data-channel:dots-data\
         /dots-client=paL8p4Zqo4SLv64TLPXrxA/acls\
         /acl=test-acl-ipv6-udp?content=non-config HTTP/1.1
     Host: example.com
     Accept: application/yang-data+json

Corrected Text
--------------
   A DOTS client can also issue a GET request with a "content" query
   parameter set to 'nonconfig' to exclusively retrieve non-
   configuration data bound to a given ACL as shown in Figure 30.  A
   response to this GET request is shown in Figure 31.

     GET /restconf/data/ietf-dots-data-channel:dots-data\
         /dots-client=paL8p4Zqo4SLv64TLPXrxA/acls\
         /acl=test-acl-ipv6-udp?content=nonconfig HTTP/1.1
     Host: example.com
     Accept: application/yang-data+json

Notes
-----
RFC8040 defines this value for the "content" Query Parameter (RFC 4.8.1):

    | nonconfig | Return only non-configuration descendant data nodes |

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8783 (draft-ietf-dots-data-channel-31)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Data Channel Specification
Publication Date    : May 2020
Author(s)           : M. Boucadair, Ed., T. Reddy.K, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : DDoS Open Threat Signaling
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG