Subject: [dsfjdssdfsd] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random-00.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 00:10:51 +0200

Hi,

Here's Paul and I adding some random bits into the pool...

Your comments are welcome!

Thanks,
	Yaron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random-00.txt
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:05:53 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>, Paul Hoffman 
<[email-masked]>, Paul E. Hoffman <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaron Sheffer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A DHCP Extension To Provide Initial Random Material
Creation date:	 2013-12-05
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random-00.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-dhc-initial-random-00

Abstract:
    Some network devices get little or no entropy from their underlying
    operating systems when they are first started.  As a result,
    cryptographic applications started before there is sufficient entropy
    in the operating system's pool can be initialized into a state that
    can be exploited by an attacker.  This document defines a DHCP
    extension that can provide the operating system of a network device
    with some initial randomness that can only be known by an attacker
    who is on the same network segment as the device and its DHCP server.
    The operating system can mix this random input into its random pool
    early in the boot procedure and thus have more entropy available when
    cryptographic applications start.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat