Subject: [dsii] who is here?

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:00:48 +0200

The "Potential IETF Work Items" thread has made me curious about
who in on this list are in a position to influence or at least are
affiliated with vendors, service providers or other organizations
who would consume potential output from this work and who are the
usual IETF suspects.

Starting with me: I'm in the "usual suspect" box.

Anyone care to drop their name in the "might consume results" box?

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Andrew Maffei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:26:54 -0400

> who would consume potential output from this work and who are the

Hi Leif, Andrew Maffei here. 

I'm in the "might consume results" box you mention, but from the academic club. 

I (try to) coordinate, from an informatics perspective, a number of data-intensive science projects here at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Folks that work with me are working to make data locked inside "the long tail of science" (apologies for the buzzword), as linked open data that can be accessed by scientists via webservices, etc. We have ideas and code we are developing to try and make data set identifiers from a variety of different science projects to be more "interoperable" so that we can better deal with inter-disciplinary science problems (of which the ocean has several).

--Andrew Maffei
  Senior Information Systems Specialist
  Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:27:07 -0400

> Anyone care to drop their name in the "might consume results" box?

here