Subject: [Dtls-iot] RFC 7925 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) / Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Profiles for the Internet of Things

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 07:01:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7925

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) / 
                    Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Profiles 
                    for the Internet of Things 
        Author:     H. Tschofenig, Ed.,
                    T. Fossati
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      61
        Characters: 141911
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dice-profile-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7925

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7925

A common design pattern in Internet of Things (IoT) deployments is
the use of a constrained device that collects data via sensors or
controls actuators for use in home automation, industrial control
systems, smart cities, and other IoT deployments.

This document defines a Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram
Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 1.2 profile that offers
communications security for this data exchange thereby preventing
eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery.  The lack of
communication security is a common vulnerability in IoT products that
can easily be solved by using these well-researched and widely
deployed Internet security protocols.

This document is a product of the DTLS In Constrained Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC