Subject: [dtn-security] Re(2): [dtn-interest] Bundle Security Protocol Implementation
From: Peter Lovell <[email-masked]>
To: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:19:20 -0400
List-Id: DTN Security Discussion <dtn-security.maillists.intel-research.net>

Hi Nasir and Hans,

If I remember correctly, ION does not yet include BSP in its
implementation. That may have changed but I think that was the situation
a few months ago.

So I would suggest that you begin with DTN2 BSP which is intended to be
a reference implementation. That's not completely up-to-date but fairly
close (and that will be corrected soon).

I am happy to provide suggestions and advice on this one (since I wrote it).

Regards.....Peter

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009, Hans Kruse <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Nasir,
>the Java implementation you refer to has not been supported in a long
>time as we have been focusing on the NASA ION code base.  I would
>suggest that either ION or DTN2 would be the best place to start from.
>
>On Apr 29, 2009, at 7:59 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We at Surrey university are implementing the Bundle Security
>> Protocol Specification internet draft .. The implementation will
>> have following features:
>>
>> BSP Features:
>> - Support for Authentication via BAB, PIB
>> - Support for confidentiality via PCB
>> - Support for compulsory cipher suites
>>
>> We are going to use "BP reference implementation by Ohio university
>> in Java". We thought that some may be working on security
>> implementation. So, any one with any progress, or want to give some
>> suggestion. All inputs will be realy appreciated.
>>
>> "Most important how we should merge this with Bundle Protocol
>> Implementation" ..
>>
>> regards,
>> Nasir
>> University of Surrey
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> dtn-interest mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest
>
>Hans Kruse, Professor
>J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
>Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer
>Science
>292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
>740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>dtn-security mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-security

From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:21:00 -0400
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-security] [dtn-interest] Bundle Security Protocol Implementation

--Apple-Mail-4-711055148
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed;
	delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Nasir,
the Java implementation you refer to has not been supported in a long  
time as we have been focusing on the NASA ION code base.  I would  
suggest that either ION or DTN2 would be the best place to start from.

On Apr 29, 2009, at 7:59 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We at Surrey university are implementing the Bundle Security  
> Protocol Specification internet draft .. The implementation will  
> have following features:
>
> BSP Features:
> - Support for Authentication via BAB, PIB
> - Support for confidentiality via PCB
> - Support for compulsory cipher suites
>
> We are going to use "BP reference implementation by Ohio university  
> in Java". We thought that some may be working on security  
> implementation. So, any one with any progress, or want to give some  
> suggestion. All inputs will be realy appreciated.
>
> "Most important how we should merge this with Bundle Protocol  
> Implementation" ..
>
> regards,
> Nasir
> University of Surrey
>
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

--Apple-Mail-4-711055148
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Nasir,<div>the Java =
implementation you refer to has not been supported in a long time as we =
have been focusing on the NASA ION code base. &nbsp;I would suggest that =
either ION or DTN2 would be the best place to start =
from.</div><div><br><div><div>On Apr 29, 2009, at 7:59 AM, &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>> =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"> <div> <!-- Converted from text/plain format --><p><font =
size=3D"2">Hi All,<br> <br> We at Surrey university are implementing the =
Bundle Security Protocol Specification internet draft .. The =
implementation will have following features:<br> <br> BSP Features:<br> =
- Support for Authentication via BAB, PIB<br> - Support for =
confidentiality via PCB<br> - Support for compulsory cipher suites<br> =
<br> We are going to use "BP reference implementation by Ohio university =
in Java". We thought that some may be working on security =
implementation. So, any one with any progress, or want to give some =
suggestion. All inputs will be realy appreciated.<br> <br> "Most =
important how we should merge this with Bundle Protocol Implementation" =
..<br> <br> regards,<br> Nasir<br> University of Surrey<br> </font> </p> =
</div> _______________________________________________<br>dtn-interest =
mailing list<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">dtn-interest@mai=
llists.intel-research.net</a><br>http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailm=
an/listinfo/dtn-interest<br></blockquote></div><br><div> <span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; =
-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; =
-apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">Hans Kruse, Professor</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: =
12.0px Helvetica">J. Warren McClure School of Information and =
Telecommunication Systems</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px 0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and =
Computer Science</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px"><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, =
45701</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><font =
face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax</font></p></div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></span> =
</div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-4-711055148--

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:59:04 +0100
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-security] Bundle Security Protocol Implementation

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9C8C1.E48928D5
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi All,

We at Surrey university are implementing the Bundle Security Protocol =
Specification internet draft .. The implementation will have following =
features:

BSP Features:=20
- Support for Authentication via BAB, PIB=20
- Support for confidentiality via PCB
- Support for compulsory cipher suites=20

We are going to use "BP reference implementation by Ohio university in =
Java". We thought that some may be working on security implementation. =
So, any one with any progress, or want to give some suggestion. All =
inputs will be realy appreciated.=20

"Most important how we should merge this with Bundle Protocol =
Implementation" ..=20

regards,
Nasir
University of Surrey

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9C8C1.E48928D5
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.5.7653.38">
<TITLE>Bundle Security Protocol Implementation</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi All,<BR>
<BR>
We at Surrey university are implementing the Bundle Security Protocol =
Specification internet draft .. The implementation will have following =
features:<BR>
<BR>
BSP Features:<BR>
- Support for Authentication via BAB, PIB<BR>
- Support for confidentiality via PCB<BR>
- Support for compulsory cipher suites<BR>
<BR>
We are going to use &quot;BP reference implementation by Ohio university =
in Java&quot;. We thought that some may be working on security =
implementation. So, any one with any progress, or want to give some =
suggestion. All inputs will be realy appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
&quot;Most important how we should merge this with Bundle Protocol =
Implementation&quot; ..<BR>
<BR>
regards,<BR>
Nasir<BR>
University of Surrey<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C9C8C1.E48928D5--