Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Re: DTN 2.3.0 Install Problem
From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:54:12 -0700
List-Id: discussion/answers list for users of the dtn reference implementation <dtn-users.mailman.dtnrg.org>

Hi Luveen,

I've never seen this error and it seems to me like there's something  
wrong with your Cygwin installation.

I just tried the latest CVS version on my Cygwin machine and it  
configured, built, and ran fine. Can you make sure you have the  
latest version of Cygwin installed. Perhaps that's the problem you're  
running into?

One other thing you could try is to add a single line of "set -x" to  
the top of the configure script. That way sh will output everything  
that it does while it's configuring and you could look through that  
output (or send it to me if you like). But once again, this seems  
like something unrelated to DTN2 itself and more of a Cygwin problem.

Finally, to properly build on Cygwin, you'll need to add the  
following arguments to configure:

./configure -C --disable-shlibs --without-tclreadline

I'm adding a README.Cygwin to the DTN2 repository that includes these  
instructions.

-mike

On Jun 29, 2007, at 12:56 AM, Luveen Wadhwani wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply! However, I tried compiling the the code  
> i downloaded from CVS, but that didn't work either... I got this  
> error:
>
> $ ./configure -C
> : command not found5:
> : command not found9:
> ./configure: line 37: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
> ./configure: line 37: `elif test -n "${BASH_VERSION+set}" && (set - 
> o posix) >/de
> '/null 2>&1; then
>
> I really need to get this working as soon as possible, because I'm  
> trying to use this platform to work on my Masters thesis, so please  
> do tell me if you have a solution. Or do I wait until version 2.4.0  
> is out...?
>
> Thanks once again!
>
> Regards,
> Luveen
>