Subject: Re: [dtn-users] How to build DTN and Oasys in Ubuntu
From: Mithun Roy <[email-masked]>
To: "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 00:42:25 -0400
List-Id: dtn-users mailing list <dtn-users.maillists.intel-research.net>

Hey,

If you check <DTN-folder>/doc/manual/ you will find couple of tutorials which
will help you get DTN2 up and running. 

Regards,
Mithun

Quoting "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>:

> After much struggling, I have managed to build oasys and dtn2 on
> Ubuntu
> 9 (I haven't been so ambitious as to try to run anything yet, perish
> the
> thought; but at least it builds).
> 
> Here are the notes that I made for myself; maybe they can help
> someone
> else. Which makes me ask whether there is any need for a cookbook of
> how
> to build on various platforms? (maybe a wiki, maybe web pages, maybe
> just a readme with the source code) It strikes me that this must be a
> FAQ.
> 
> I would be grateful if any Ubuntu users would comment on this.
> 
> I have some questions regarding the various options to the
> "configure"
> script. I had to add the options --disable-ecl --disable-edp since I
> could not figure out which packages I would have to install
> otherwise. 
> These apparently mean
>   --disable-ecl           disable external convergence layer support
>   --disable-edp           disable external decision plane support
> 
> but is there some documentation which explains this in more detail?
> Sorry if it is a basic question, but I am new to DTN and don't
> really
> understand the implications of using these options. In general, I
> would
> like to find some description of all of these options and an overview
> of
> the architecture of the software at a somewhat higher level than the
> DoxyGen. In fact, having built the software, I can't seem to find
> any
> documentation that tells me how to run it, other than DTN tips &
> tricks
> at http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki/Dtn2TipsAndTricks.
> 
> Sorry if sounds like I am complaining. Anyway,  here's how to build
> on
> Ubuntu ...
> 
> 
> 
> Install packages lib4b4.7,  libdb4.7++, libdb4.7-dev (or later
> version)
> for the Berkeley DB (used for store & forward of bundles)
> Install package g++ if not already installed.
> Install package tcl8.5dev if not already installed.
> install package mercurial if not already installed.
> 
> mkdir ~/data
> mkdir ~/data/src
> mkdir ~/data/src/dtn2test
> cd ~/data/src/dtn2test
> hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys ./dtn2test/oasys
> hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2 ./dtn2test/DTN2
> cd oasys
> ./configure -C
> make
> cd ../DTN2
> ./configure -C --disable-ecl --disable-edp
> make
> sudo make install
> 
> 
> 
> Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd) wrote:
> > I noticed another "I can't build" mail today. I too have been
> having
> > problems and can't build under either Windows or Ubuntu 9. The
> compile
> > errors were flagged in standard include files and did not seem to
> be
> > part of the DTN code, which makes me think that I just have some
> > non-standard files somewhere through installing other software.
> >
> > Rather than trouble you with the errors, I will just ask if anyone
> can
> > name a Linux distro where DTN and Oasys will build right out of the
> box.
> > I am willing to format a PC and use it only to build DTN2.
> >
> > Thanks very much for any help, and sorry for troubling the whole
> list
> > with this (wouldn't a forum be a good idea?)
> >   
> > _______________________________________________
> > dtn-users mailing list
> > [email-masked]
> > http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
> >   
> 
> 
> -- 
> Technical Director
> Leonix Solutions (Pte) Ltd
> 18 Boon Lay Way
> #09-95 TradeHub 21
> Singapore 609966
> Telephone:+65 6316 9968
> Fax: +65 6316 9208
> 
> 

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:40:23 +0800
From: "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>
Organization: Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd
To: "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] How to build DTN and Oasys in Ubuntu

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000705050502090203030204
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

After much struggling, I have managed to build oasys and dtn2 on Ubuntu
9 (I haven't been so ambitious as to try to run anything yet, perish the
thought; but at least it builds).

Here are the notes that I made for myself; maybe they can help someone
else. Which makes me ask whether there is any need for a cookbook of how
to build on various platforms? (maybe a wiki, maybe web pages, maybe
just a readme with the source code) It strikes me that this must be a FAQ.

I would be grateful if any Ubuntu users would comment on this.

I have some questions regarding the various options to the "configure"
script. I had to add the options --disable-ecl --disable-edp since I
could not figure out which packages I would have to install otherwise. 
These apparently mean
  --disable-ecl           disable external convergence layer support
  --disable-edp           disable external decision plane support

but is there some documentation which explains this in more detail?
Sorry if it is a basic question, but I am new to DTN and don't really
understand the implications of using these options. In general, I would
like to find some description of all of these options and an overview of
the architecture of the software at a somewhat higher level than the
DoxyGen. In fact, having built the software, I can't seem to find any
documentation that tells me how to run it, other than DTN tips & tricks
at http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki/Dtn2TipsAndTricks.

Sorry if sounds like I am complaining. Anyway,  here's how to build on
Ubuntu ...

Install packages lib4b4.7,  libdb4.7++, libdb4.7-dev (or later version)
for the Berkeley DB (used for store & forward of bundles)
Install package g++ if not already installed.
Install package tcl8.5dev if not already installed.
install package mercurial if not already installed.

mkdir ~/data
mkdir ~/data/src
mkdir ~/data/src/dtn2test
cd ~/data/src/dtn2test
hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys ./dtn2test/oasys
hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2 ./dtn2test/DTN2
cd oasys
./configure -C
make
cd ../DTN2
./configure -C --disable-ecl --disable-edp
make
sudo make install

Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd) wrote:
> I noticed another "I can't build" mail today. I too have been having
> problems and can't build under either Windows or Ubuntu 9. The compile
> errors were flagged in standard include files and did not seem to be
> part of the DTN code, which makes me think that I just have some
> non-standard files somewhere through installing other software.
>
> Rather than trouble you with the errors, I will just ask if anyone can
> name a Linux distro where DTN and Oasys will build right out of the box.
> I am willing to format a PC and use it only to build DTN2.
>
> Thanks very much for any help, and sorry for troubling the whole list
> with this (wouldn't a forum be a good idea?)
>   
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>   

-- 
Technical Director
Leonix Solutions (Pte) Ltd
18 Boon Lay Way
#09-95 TradeHub 21
Singapore 609966
Telephone:+65 6316 9968
Fax: +65 6316 9208

--------------000705050502090203030204
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
 name="Graham.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Graham.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Graham Keellings
n:Keellings;Graham
org:Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd
adr:TradeHub 21;;18 Boon Lay Way #09-95;;;609966;Singapore
email;internet:[email-masked]
title:Technical director
tel;work:+65 6316 9968
tel;fax:+65 6316 9208
tel;cell:+65 9725 7353
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://leonixsolutions.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------000705050502090203030204--

Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:31:48 +0800
From: "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>
Organization: Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd
To: [email-masked]
Cc: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] How can I build DTN and Oasys?

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050008050506050402040406
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="------------040306010407090004080507"

--------------040306010407090004080507
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Gilbert, thanks very much for your help!

Ok, I had to make a few slight tweaks, but

mkdir dtn2test
hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys ./dtn2test/oasys
hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2 ./dtn2test/DTN2
cd dtn2test
cd oasys
./configure --without-db && make
cd ../DTN2
./configure --disable-ecl --disable-edp && make
sudo make install

worked perfectly on Ubuntu 9.

I can only imagine that my mistake was (counter-intuitively) trying to
use the "stable" DTN2 v2.6 and Oasys v1.3, rather than the "potentially
unstable" bleeding edge (and possibly also making Oasys a sub-directory
of the DTN directory, rather than a sibling).

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Windows (blows up in io/TTY.h), but
it's enough that I can build it somewhere. Thanks very much for your help!

with best wishes,

Graham

[email-masked] wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> I was able to build DTN2 on Gentoo and Ubuntu 8.04 (only two boxes I have
> handy).  Note that I haven't really tested what this produced; just wanted to
> see if I was able to build.
>
> What I did on both boxes:
>
> mkdir dtn2test
> hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys ./dtn2test/oasys
> hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2 ./dtn2test/DTN2
> cd dtn2test
> cd oasys
> ./configure && make
> cd ../DTN2
> ./configure && make
> sudo make install
>
> Anyway, HTH.
>
> Gilbert Clark
> Grad Student
>
> Quoting "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>:
>
>   
>> I noticed another "I can't build" mail today. I too have been having
>> problems and can't build under either Windows or Ubuntu 9. The
>> compile
>> errors were flagged in standard include files and did not seem to be
>> part of the DTN code, which makes me think that I just have some
>> non-standard files somewhere through installing other software.
>>
>> Rather than trouble you with the errors, I will just ask if anyone
>> can
>> name a Linux distro where DTN and Oasys will build right out of the
>> box.
>> I am willing to format a PC and use it only to build DTN2.
>>
>> Thanks very much for any help, and sorry for troubling the whole
>> list
>> with this (wouldn't a forum be a good idea?)
>>
>>     
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>
>   

-- 
Technical Director
Leonix Solutions (Pte) Ltd
18 Boon Lay Way
#09-95 TradeHub 21
Singapore 609966
Telephone:+65 6316 9968
Fax: +65 6316 9208

--------------040306010407090004080507
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Gilbert, thanks very much for your help!<br>
<br>
Ok, I had to make a few slight tweaks, but<br>
<br>
<pre wrap="">mkdir dtn2test
hg clone <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys">http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys</a> ./dtn2test/oasys
hg clone <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2">http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2</a> ./dtn2test/DTN2
cd dtn2test
cd oasys
./configure --without-db &amp;&amp; make
cd ../DTN2
./configure --disable-ecl --disable-edp &amp;&amp; make
sudo make install</pre>
worked perfectly on Ubuntu 9.<br>
<br>
I can only imagine that my mistake was (counter-intuitively) trying to
use the "stable" DTN2 v2.6 and Oasys v1.3, rather than the "potentially
unstable" bleeding edge (and possibly also making Oasys a sub-directory
of the DTN directory, rather than a sibling).<br>
<br>
Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Windows (blows up in io/TTY.h), but
it's enough that I can build it somewhere. Thanks very much for your
help!<br>
<br>
with best wishes,<br>
<br>
Graham <br>
<br>
<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Howdy:

I was able to build DTN2 on Gentoo and Ubuntu 8.04 (only two boxes I have
handy).  Note that I haven't really tested what this produced; just wanted to
see if I was able to build.

What I did on both boxes:

mkdir dtn2test
hg clone <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys">http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys</a> ./dtn2test/oasys
hg clone <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2">http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2</a> ./dtn2test/DTN2
cd dtn2test
cd oasys
./configure &amp;&amp; make
cd ../DTN2
./configure &amp;&amp; make
sudo make install

Anyway, HTH.

Gilbert Clark
Grad Student

Quoting "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>:

  </pre>
  <blockquote type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">I noticed another "I can't build" mail today. I too have been having
problems and can't build under either Windows or Ubuntu 9. The
compile
errors were flagged in standard include files and did not seem to be
part of the DTN code, which makes me think that I just have some
non-standard files somewhere through installing other software.

Rather than trouble you with the errors, I will just ask if anyone
can
name a Linux distro where DTN and Oasys will build right out of the
box.
I am willing to format a PC and use it only to build DTN2.

Thanks very much for any help, and sorry for troubling the whole
list
with this (wouldn't a forum be a good idea?)

    </pre>
  </blockquote>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->_______________________________________________
dtn-users mailing list
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users">http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users</a>

  </pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="80">-- 
Technical Director
Leonix Solutions (Pte) Ltd
18 Boon Lay Way
#09-95 TradeHub 21
Singapore 609966
Telephone:+65 6316 9968
Fax: +65 6316 9208
</pre>
</body>
</html>

--------------040306010407090004080507--

--------------050008050506050402040406
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
 name="Graham.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Graham.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Graham Keellings
n:Keellings;Graham
org:Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd
adr:TradeHub 21;;18 Boon Lay Way #09-95;;;609966;Singapore
email;internet:[email-masked]
title:Technical director
tel;work:+65 6316 9968
tel;fax:+65 6316 9208
tel;cell:+65 9725 7353
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://leonixsolutions.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------050008050506050402040406--

Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:08:45 +0300 (EEST)
From: "Md. Tarikul Islam" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Importance: Normal
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8

Hi Godwin,

Hmm.. there might be some issues while making oasys. Anyway, you can do
one thing. Go to oasys directory and make the oasys again. First clean
(make distclean), then configure (./configure --without-xerces-c) and
finally make the oasys project. Do the same thing for dtn2 project.

Thanks
Tarikul
>
> Hi Tarikul,
> I did exactly as you suggested, but the errors still persists.
> I have installed the xerces C++ XML parser library.
> I will welcome further sugestions if any. Thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
> Godwin Ansa
>
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# ./configure --disable-ecl
> --disable-edp
> checking location of source directory...
> "/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726"
> checking location of build directory...
> "/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726"
> checking for a C compiler (trying gcc gcc-4.1 gcc-4.0 gcc-3.4 gcc-3.3)...
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
> checking whether the C compiler works... yes
> checking whether we are cross compiling... no
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for suffix of object files... o
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
> checking for a C++ compiler (trying g++ g++-4.0 g++-4.0 g++-3.4
> g++-3.3)...
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
> checking for the version of the GNU C compiler... 4.1
> checking for the version of the GNU C++ compiler... 4.1
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking whether to compile with debugging... yes
> checking whether to compile with memory debugging... no
> checking whether to compile with lock debugging (default yes)... yes
> checking whether to compile with optimization... no
> checking whether to compile with profiling... no
> checking whether to link statically... no
> checking whether to link using static external libraries... no
> checking whether to try to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC... yes
> checking whether the compiler can link a dynamic library with -shared...
> yes
> checking extension for dynamic libraries... so
> checking if the compiler supports -Wl,--rpath=.... yes
> checking for an oasys installation (version 1.3 or better)...
> ../oasys-1.3.0
> checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
> checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
> checking for sys/types.h... yes
> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
> checking for stdlib.h... yes
> checking for string.h... yes
> checking for memory.h... yes
> checking for strings.h... yes
> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking whether bonjour support should be enabled... try
> checking dns_sd.h usability... no
> checking dns_sd.h presence... no
> checking for dns_sd.h... no
> checking for library containing DNSServiceRegister... no
> checking whether bonjour support was found... no
> checking whether to enable external convergence layer support... no
> checking whether to enable external decision plane support... no
> checking whether to enable NORM convergence layer support... no
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Rules.make
> config.status: creating System.make
> config.status: creating dtn-config.h
> Build options:
>   TARGET is: native
>   CC: gcc
>   CXX: g++
>
> Options:
>   DEBUG: -g -fno-inline
>   OPTIMIZE:
>   PICFLAGS: -fPIC -DPIC
>   PROFILE:
>   DEFS: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
>   SYS_CFLAGS: -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
>   INCFLAGS: -I. -I. -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I./servlib
>   EXTRA_CFLAGS:
>   LDFLAGS: -L.
>
>
> Oasys Configuration:
>   OASYS_INCDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
>   OASYS_LIBDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib
>   OASYS_ETCDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/share/oasys
>   OASYS_VERSION: 1.3.0
>
> External Packages:
>   EXTLIB_CFLAGS:
>   EXTLIB_LDFLAGS: -lpthread  -ldl -lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c
> -lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
> gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtn-version.o dtn-version.E"
>  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I. -I.
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I./servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c dtn-version.c -o dtn-version.o
> make -w -C applib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtn_api.o dtn_api.E"
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c dtn_api.c -o dtn_api.o
> gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtn_ipc.o dtn_ipc.E"
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c dtn_ipc.c -o dtn_ipc.o
> gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "sdnv-c.o sdnv-c.E"
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c sdnv-c.c -o sdnv-c.o
> rm -f libdtnapi-2.6.0.a
> ar ruc libdtnapi-2.6.0.a dtn_types_xdr.o dtn_api.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o
> sdnv-c.o ../dtn-version.o
> ranlib libdtnapi-2.6.0.a || true
> rm -f libdtnapi.a
> cd `dirname libdtnapi.a` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi-2.6.0.a` `basename
> libdtnapi.a`
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "APIEndpointIDOpt.o
> APIEndpointIDOpt.E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c APIEndpointIDOpt.cc -o APIEndpointIDOpt.o
> rm -f libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a
> ar ruc libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a APIEndpointIDOpt.o
> ranlib libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a || true
> rm -f libdtnapi++.a
> cd `dirname libdtnapi++.a` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a`
> `basename libdtnapi++.a`
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "APIServer.o APIServer.E"
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c APIServer.cc -o APIServer.o
> rm -f libdtnapisrv.a
> ar ruc libdtnapisrv.a dtn_types_xdr.o APIServer.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o
> ranlib libdtnapisrv.a || true
> rm -f libdtnapi-2.6.0.so
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  dtn_types_xdr.o dtn_api.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o sdnv-c.o
> ../dtn-version.o -shared -fPIC -DPIC -L.  -o libdtnapi-2.6.0.so
> rm -f libdtnapi.so
> cd `dirname libdtnapi.so` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi-2.6.0.so` `basename
> libdtnapi.so`
> rm -f libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  APIEndpointIDOpt.o libdtnapi.a -shared -fPIC -DPIC
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a libdtnapi.a -L.  -o
> libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so
> rm -f libdtnapi++.so
> cd `dirname libdtnapi++.so` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so`
> `basename libdtnapi++.so`
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  tcl/dtn_api_wrap_tcl.o -shared -fPIC -DPIC -L.  \
>                 -ldtnapi-2.6.0 -ltcl8.4 -o tcl/libdtntcl-2.6.0.so
> rm -f tcl/libdtntcl.so
> cd `dirname tcl/libdtntcl.so` && ln -s `basename tcl/libdtntcl-2.6.0.so`
> `basename tcl/libdtntcl.so`
> cd python && INCDIR=../.. LIBDIR=.. VERSION=2.6.0 python setup.py build
> running build
> running build_py
> running build_ext
> cd python && python -c "import py_compile;
> py_compile.compile('dtnapi.py')"
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make -w -C servlib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "DTNServer.o DTNServer.E"
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c DTNServer.cc -o DTNServer.o
> rm -f libdtnserv.a
> ar ruc libdtnserv.a DTNServer.o bundling/APIBlockProcessor.o
> bundling/BlockInfo.o bundling/BlockProcessor.o bundling/Bundle.o
> bundling/BundleActions.o bundling/BundleDaemon.o
> bundling/BundleEventHandler.o bundling/BundleInfoCache.o
> bundling/BundleList.o bundling/BundleMappings.o bundling/BundlePayload.o
> bundling/BundleProtocol.o bundling/BundleStatusReport.o
> bundling/BundleTimestamp.o bundling/CustodySignal.o
> bundling/CustodyTimer.o bundling/Dictionary.o bundling/ForwardingInfo.o
> bundling/ForwardingLog.o bundling/FragmentManager.o
> bundling/FragmentState.o bundling/ExpirationTimer.o bundling/GbofId.o
> bundling/MetadataBlock.o bundling/MetadataBlockProcessor.o
> bundling/PayloadBlockProcessor.o bundling/PreviousHopBlockProcessor.o
> bundling/PrimaryBlockProcessor.o bundling/SDNV.o
> bundling/SessionBlockProcessor.o bundling/SequenceID.o
> bundling/SequenceIDBlockProcessor.o bundling/UnknownBlockProcessor.o
> contacts/AlwaysOnLink.o contacts/Contact.o contacts/ContactManager.o
> contacts/Interface.o contacts/InterfaceTable.o contacts/Link.o
> contacts/OndemandLink.o contacts/OpportunisticLink.o
> contacts/ScheduledLink.o conv_layers/BluetoothConvergenceLayer.o
> conv_layers/ConnectionConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/CLConnection.o
> conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/EthConvergenceLayer.o
> conv_layers/FileConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/IPConvergenceLayer.o
> conv_layers/IPConvergenceLayerUtils.o conv_layers/NullConvergenceLayer.o
> conv_layers/SerialConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/StreamConvergenceLayer.o
> conv_layers/TCPConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/UDPConvergenceLayer.o
> conv_layers/NORMConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/NORMReceiver.o
> conv_layers/NORMSender.o conv_layers/NORMSessionManager.o
> conv_layers/ExternalConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/ECLModule.o
> conv_layers/CLEventHandler.o conv_layers/clevent.o discovery/Announce.o
> discovery/BluetoothAnnounce.o discovery/BluetoothDiscovery.o
> discovery/BonjourDiscovery.o discovery/Discovery.o
> discovery/DiscoveryTable.o discovery/IPAnnounce.o discovery/IPDiscovery.o
> cmd/APICommand.o cmd/BundleCommand.o cmd/CompletionNotifier.o
> cmd/InterfaceCommand.o cmd/LinkCommand.o cmd/ParamCommand.o
> cmd/RegistrationCommand.o cmd/RouteCommand.o cmd/ShutdownCommand.o
> cmd/StorageCommand.o cmd/TestCommand.o cmd/DiscoveryCommand.o
> cmd/ProphetCommand.o cmd/ECLACommand.o cmd/SecurityCommand.o
> naming/EndpointID.o naming/EndpointIDOpt.o naming/Scheme.o
> naming/SchemeTable.o naming/SessionScheme.o naming/DTNScheme.o
> naming/EthernetScheme.o naming/StringScheme.o naming/WildcardScheme.o
> naming/TCAScheme.o prophet/AckList.o prophet/BundleOffer.o
> prophet/BundleTLV.o prophet/Controller.o prophet/Decider.o
> prophet/Dictionary.o prophet/Encounter.o prophet/HelloTLV.o prophet/Node.o
> prophet/ProphetTLV.o prophet/Repository.o prophet/RIBDTLV.o
> prophet/RIBTLV.o prophet/Stats.o prophet/Table.o prophet/OfferTLV.o
> prophet/ResponseTLV.o reg/AdminRegistration.o reg/APIRegistration.o
> reg/Registration.o reg/RegistrationTable.o reg/LoggingRegistration.o
> reg/PingRegistration.o reg/TclRegistration.o routing/router.o
> routing/router-custom.o routing/DTLSR.o routing/DTLSRConfig.o
> routing/DTLSRRouter.o routing/ExternalRouter.o routing/BundleRouter.o
> routing/FloodBundleRouter.o routing/LinkScheduleEstimator.o
> routing/ProphetBundleCore.o routing/ProphetBundleList.o
> routing/ProphetLinkList.o routing/ProphetNode.o routing/ProphetNodeList.o
> routing/ProphetRouter.o routing/RouteEntry.o routing/RouteTable.o
> routing/RouterInfo.o routing/TableBasedRouter.o routing/TcaEndpointID.o
> routing/TcaControlBundle.o routing/TcaRouter.o session/Session.o
> session/SessionTable.o session/Subscriber.o storage/BundleStore.o
> storage/ProphetStore.o storage/LinkStore.o storage/GlobalStore.o
> storage/RegistrationStore.o security/Ciphersuite.o
> security/BA_BlockProcessor.o security/PS_BlockProcessor.o
> security/C_BlockProcessor.o security/Ciphersuite_BA1.o
> security/Ciphersuite_PS2.o security/Ciphersuite_C3.o security/BP_Tag.o
> security/KeyDB.o security/SPD.o security/KeySteward.o gcm/gcm_aes.o
> gcm/gcm.o gcm/gf128mul.o ../dtn-version.o
> ranlib libdtnserv.a || true
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make -w -C daemon
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtnd.o dtnd.E"
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c dtnd.cc -o dtnd.o
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  dtnd.o ../applib/libdtnapisrv.a ../servlib/libdtnserv.a
> \
>                 -o dtnd -L.
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a
> -lpthread  -ldl -lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c
> -lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function
> `dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc:851:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char const*)'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function `ModuleServer':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc:729:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc:729:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
> make: *** [daemon] Error 2
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#

To: "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 00:11:31 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Cc: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] How can I build DTN and Oasys?

Howdy:

I was able to build DTN2 on Gentoo and Ubuntu 8.04 (only two boxes I have
handy).  Note that I haven't really tested what this produced; just wanted to
see if I was able to build.

What I did on both boxes:

mkdir dtn2test
hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/oasys ./dtn2test/oasys
hg clone http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2 ./dtn2test/DTN2
cd dtn2test
cd oasys
./configure && make
cd ../DTN2
./configure && make
sudo make install

Anyway, HTH.

Gilbert Clark
Grad Student

Quoting "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>:

> 
> I noticed another "I can't build" mail today. I too have been having
> problems and can't build under either Windows or Ubuntu 9. The
> compile
> errors were flagged in standard include files and did not seem to be
> part of the DTN code, which makes me think that I just have some
> non-standard files somewhere through installing other software.
> 
> Rather than trouble you with the errors, I will just ask if anyone
> can
> name a Linux distro where DTN and Oasys will build right out of the
> box.
> I am willing to format a PC and use it only to build DTN2.
> 
> Thanks very much for any help, and sorry for troubling the whole
> list
> with this (wouldn't a forum be a good idea?)
> 

Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:09:46 +0800
From: "Graham Keellings (Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd)" <[email-masked]>
Organization: Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd
To: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] How can I build DTN and Oasys?

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060707030608090003080100
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I noticed another "I can't build" mail today. I too have been having
problems and can't build under either Windows or Ubuntu 9. The compile
errors were flagged in standard include files and did not seem to be
part of the DTN code, which makes me think that I just have some
non-standard files somewhere through installing other software.

Rather than trouble you with the errors, I will just ask if anyone can
name a Linux distro where DTN and Oasys will build right out of the box.
I am willing to format a PC and use it only to build DTN2.

Thanks very much for any help, and sorry for troubling the whole list
with this (wouldn't a forum be a good idea?)

--------------060707030608090003080100
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
 name="Graham.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Graham.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Graham Keellings
n:Keellings;Graham
org:Leonix Solutions Pte Ltd
adr:TradeHub 21;;18 Boon Lay Way #09-95;;;609966;Singapore
email;internet:[email-masked]
title:Technical director
tel;work:+65 6316 9968
tel;fax:+65 6316 9208
tel;cell:+65 9725 7353
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://leonixsolutions.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------060707030608090003080100--

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:52:41 +0100
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D6FF.3301F1C1
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Tarikul,
I did exactly as you suggested, but the errors still persists.
I have installed the xerces C++ XML parser library.
I will welcome further sugestions if any. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Godwin Ansa

[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# ./configure --disable-ecl =
--disable-edp
checking location of source directory... =
"/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726"
checking location of build directory... =
"/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726"
checking for a C compiler (trying gcc gcc-4.1 gcc-4.0 gcc-3.4 =
gcc-3.3)...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for a C++ compiler (trying g++ g++-4.0 g++-4.0 g++-3.4 =
g++-3.3)...
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for the version of the GNU C compiler... 4.1
checking for the version of the GNU C++ compiler... 4.1
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether to compile with debugging... yes
checking whether to compile with memory debugging... no
checking whether to compile with lock debugging (default yes)... yes
checking whether to compile with optimization... no
checking whether to compile with profiling... no
checking whether to link statically... no
checking whether to link using static external libraries... no
checking whether to try to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC... yes
checking whether the compiler can link a dynamic library with -shared... =
yes
checking extension for dynamic libraries... so
checking if the compiler supports -Wl,--rpath=3D.... yes
checking for an oasys installation (version 1.3 or better)... =
../oasys-1.3.0
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether bonjour support should be enabled... try
checking dns_sd.h usability... no
checking dns_sd.h presence... no
checking for dns_sd.h... no
checking for library containing DNSServiceRegister... no
checking whether bonjour support was found... no
checking whether to enable external convergence layer support... no
checking whether to enable external decision plane support... no
checking whether to enable NORM convergence layer support... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Rules.make
config.status: creating System.make
config.status: creating dtn-config.h
Build options:
  TARGET is: native
  CC: gcc
  CXX: g++

Options:
  DEBUG: -g -fno-inline
  OPTIMIZE:
  PICFLAGS: -fPIC -DPIC
  PROFILE:
  DEFS: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
  SYS_CFLAGS: -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64
  INCFLAGS: -I. -I. -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I./servlib
  EXTRA_CFLAGS:
  LDFLAGS: -L.

Oasys Configuration:
  OASYS_INCDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
  OASYS_LIBDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib
  OASYS_ETCDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/share/oasys
  OASYS_VERSION: 1.3.0

External Packages:
  EXTLIB_CFLAGS:
  EXTLIB_LDFLAGS: -lpthread  -ldl -lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c =
-lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtn-version.o =
dtn-version.E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I. -I. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I./servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c dtn-version.c -o dtn-version.o
make -w -C applib
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtn_api.o dtn_api.E"  =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c dtn_api.c -o dtn_api.o
gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtn_ipc.o dtn_ipc.E"  =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c dtn_ipc.c -o dtn_ipc.o
gcc -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "sdnv-c.o sdnv-c.E"  =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c sdnv-c.c -o sdnv-c.o
rm -f libdtnapi-2.6.0.a
ar ruc libdtnapi-2.6.0.a dtn_types_xdr.o dtn_api.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o =
sdnv-c.o ../dtn-version.o
ranlib libdtnapi-2.6.0.a || true
rm -f libdtnapi.a
cd `dirname libdtnapi.a` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi-2.6.0.a` `basename =
libdtnapi.a`
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "APIEndpointIDOpt.o =
APIEndpointIDOpt.E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c APIEndpointIDOpt.cc -o APIEndpointIDOpt.o
rm -f libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a
ar ruc libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a APIEndpointIDOpt.o
ranlib libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a || true
rm -f libdtnapi++.a
cd `dirname libdtnapi++.a` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a` =
`basename libdtnapi++.a`
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "APIServer.o APIServer.E"  =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c APIServer.cc -o APIServer.o
rm -f libdtnapisrv.a
ar ruc libdtnapisrv.a dtn_types_xdr.o APIServer.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o
ranlib libdtnapisrv.a || true
rm -f libdtnapi-2.6.0.so
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  dtn_types_xdr.o dtn_api.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o =
sdnv-c.o ../dtn-version.o -shared -fPIC -DPIC -L.  -o libdtnapi-2.6.0.so
rm -f libdtnapi.so
cd `dirname libdtnapi.so` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi-2.6.0.so` =
`basename libdtnapi.so`
rm -f libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  APIEndpointIDOpt.o libdtnapi.a -shared -fPIC =
-DPIC /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a libdtnapi.a =
-L.  -o libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so
rm -f libdtnapi++.so
cd `dirname libdtnapi++.so` && ln -s `basename libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so` =
`basename libdtnapi++.so`
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  tcl/dtn_api_wrap_tcl.o -shared -fPIC -DPIC -L.  \
                -ldtnapi-2.6.0 -ltcl8.4 -o tcl/libdtntcl-2.6.0.so
rm -f tcl/libdtntcl.so
cd `dirname tcl/libdtntcl.so` && ln -s `basename tcl/libdtntcl-2.6.0.so` =
`basename tcl/libdtntcl.so`
cd python && INCDIR=3D../.. LIBDIR=3D.. VERSION=3D2.6.0 python setup.py =
build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
cd python && python -c "import py_compile; =
py_compile.compile('dtnapi.py')"
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
make -w -C servlib
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "DTNServer.o DTNServer.E"  =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c DTNServer.cc -o DTNServer.o
rm -f libdtnserv.a
ar ruc libdtnserv.a DTNServer.o bundling/APIBlockProcessor.o =
bundling/BlockInfo.o bundling/BlockProcessor.o bundling/Bundle.o =
bundling/BundleActions.o bundling/BundleDaemon.o =
bundling/BundleEventHandler.o bundling/BundleInfoCache.o =
bundling/BundleList.o bundling/BundleMappings.o bundling/BundlePayload.o =
bundling/BundleProtocol.o bundling/BundleStatusReport.o =
bundling/BundleTimestamp.o bundling/CustodySignal.o =
bundling/CustodyTimer.o bundling/Dictionary.o bundling/ForwardingInfo.o =
bundling/ForwardingLog.o bundling/FragmentManager.o =
bundling/FragmentState.o bundling/ExpirationTimer.o bundling/GbofId.o =
bundling/MetadataBlock.o bundling/MetadataBlockProcessor.o =
bundling/PayloadBlockProcessor.o bundling/PreviousHopBlockProcessor.o =
bundling/PrimaryBlockProcessor.o bundling/SDNV.o =
bundling/SessionBlockProcessor.o bundling/SequenceID.o =
bundling/SequenceIDBlockProcessor.o bundling/UnknownBlockProcessor.o =
contacts/AlwaysOnLink.o contacts/Contact.o contacts/ContactManager.o =
contacts/Interface.o contacts/InterfaceTable.o contacts/Link.o =
contacts/OndemandLink.o contacts/OpportunisticLink.o =
contacts/ScheduledLink.o conv_layers/BluetoothConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/ConnectionConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/CLConnection.o =
conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/EthConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/FileConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/IPConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/IPConvergenceLayerUtils.o conv_layers/NullConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/SerialConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/StreamConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/TCPConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/UDPConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/NORMConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/NORMReceiver.o conv_layers/NORMSender.o =
conv_layers/NORMSessionManager.o conv_layers/ExternalConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/ECLModule.o conv_layers/CLEventHandler.o =
conv_layers/clevent.o discovery/Announce.o discovery/BluetoothAnnounce.o =
discovery/BluetoothDiscovery.o discovery/BonjourDiscovery.o =
discovery/Discovery.o discovery/DiscoveryTable.o discovery/IPAnnounce.o =
discovery/IPDiscovery.o cmd/APICommand.o cmd/BundleCommand.o =
cmd/CompletionNotifier.o cmd/InterfaceCommand.o cmd/LinkCommand.o =
cmd/ParamCommand.o cmd/RegistrationCommand.o cmd/RouteCommand.o =
cmd/ShutdownCommand.o cmd/StorageCommand.o cmd/TestCommand.o =
cmd/DiscoveryCommand.o cmd/ProphetCommand.o cmd/ECLACommand.o =
cmd/SecurityCommand.o naming/EndpointID.o naming/EndpointIDOpt.o =
naming/Scheme.o naming/SchemeTable.o naming/SessionScheme.o =
naming/DTNScheme.o naming/EthernetScheme.o naming/StringScheme.o =
naming/WildcardScheme.o naming/TCAScheme.o prophet/AckList.o =
prophet/BundleOffer.o prophet/BundleTLV.o prophet/Controller.o =
prophet/Decider.o prophet/Dictionary.o prophet/Encounter.o =
prophet/HelloTLV.o prophet/Node.o prophet/ProphetTLV.o =
prophet/Repository.o prophet/RIBDTLV.o prophet/RIBTLV.o prophet/Stats.o =
prophet/Table.o prophet/OfferTLV.o prophet/ResponseTLV.o =
reg/AdminRegistration.o reg/APIRegistration.o reg/Registration.o =
reg/RegistrationTable.o reg/LoggingRegistration.o reg/PingRegistration.o =
reg/TclRegistration.o routing/router.o routing/router-custom.o =
routing/DTLSR.o routing/DTLSRConfig.o routing/DTLSRRouter.o =
routing/ExternalRouter.o routing/BundleRouter.o =
routing/FloodBundleRouter.o routing/LinkScheduleEstimator.o =
routing/ProphetBundleCore.o routing/ProphetBundleList.o =
routing/ProphetLinkList.o routing/ProphetNode.o =
routing/ProphetNodeList.o routing/ProphetRouter.o routing/RouteEntry.o =
routing/RouteTable.o routing/RouterInfo.o routing/TableBasedRouter.o =
routing/TcaEndpointID.o routing/TcaControlBundle.o routing/TcaRouter.o =
session/Session.o session/SessionTable.o session/Subscriber.o =
storage/BundleStore.o storage/ProphetStore.o storage/LinkStore.o =
storage/GlobalStore.o storage/RegistrationStore.o security/Ciphersuite.o =
security/BA_BlockProcessor.o security/PS_BlockProcessor.o =
security/C_BlockProcessor.o security/Ciphersuite_BA1.o =
security/Ciphersuite_PS2.o security/Ciphersuite_C3.o security/BP_Tag.o =
security/KeyDB.o security/SPD.o security/KeySteward.o gcm/gcm_aes.o =
gcm/gcm.o gcm/gf128mul.o ../dtn-version.o
ranlib libdtnserv.a || true
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
make -w -C daemon
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "dtnd.o dtnd.E"  =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c dtnd.cc -o dtnd.o
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  dtnd.o ../applib/libdtnapisrv.a =
../servlib/libdtnserv.a  \
                -o dtnd -L.  =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a -lpthread  -ldl =
-lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c -lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:851: undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function `ModuleServer':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
make: *** [daemon] Error 2
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# =20

-----Original Message-----
From: Md. Tarikul Islam [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sun 5/17/2009 12:37 PM
To: Ansa GO Mr (PG/R - Electronic Eng)
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8
=20
Hi,

You need to have Xerces (C++ XML Parser) library, which wasn't found
during making. You can get so from
"http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi" link. Basically the
library isn't required to install unless you need external convergence
layer or external decision plane support. You can turn off those options
during configuration like following:

./configure --disable-ecl --disable-edp
make

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Tarikul

>
> Hi,
> I added the "#include <sys/types.h>" and typed "make" and I was =
confronted
> with yet another error.
> Any suggestions to surmount this?
> thanks.
>
> Godwin Ansa
>
>
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
> make -w -C applib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make -w -C servlib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make -w -C daemon
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  dtnd.o ../applib/libdtnapisrv.a =
../servlib/libdtnserv.a
> \
>                 -o dtnd -L.
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a
> -lpthread  -ldl -lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c
> -lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function
> `dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:851:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char const*)'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function `ModuleServer':
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `~ECLModule':
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> =
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o):/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67=
726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> more undefined references to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()' follow
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `ECLModule':
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63:
> undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(CLEventHandler.o): In function
> `dtn::CLEventHandler::process_cl_event(char const*,
> oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal&)':
> =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/CLEventHandle=
r.cc:75:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char const*)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
> make: *** [daemon] Error 2
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D6FF.3301F1C1
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.5.7653.38">
<TITLE>RE: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi Tarikul,<BR>
I did exactly as you suggested, but the errors still persists.<BR>
I have installed the xerces C++ XML parser library.<BR>
I will welcome further sugestions if any. Thanks.<BR>
<BR>
Kind regards,<BR>
Godwin Ansa<BR>
<BR>
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# ./configure --disable-ecl =
--disable-edp<BR>
checking location of source directory... =
&quot;/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726&quot;<BR>
checking location of build directory... =
&quot;/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726&quot;<BR>
checking for a C compiler (trying gcc gcc-4.1 gcc-4.0 gcc-3.4 =
gcc-3.3)...<BR>
checking for gcc... gcc<BR>
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out<BR>
checking whether the C compiler works... yes<BR>
checking whether we are cross compiling... no<BR>
checking for suffix of executables...<BR>
checking for suffix of object files... o<BR>
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes<BR>
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes<BR>
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed<BR>
checking for a C++ compiler (trying g++ g++-4.0 g++-4.0 g++-3.4 =
g++-3.3)...<BR>
checking for g++... g++<BR>
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes<BR>
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes<BR>
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes<BR>
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E<BR>
checking for the version of the GNU C compiler... 4.1<BR>
checking for the version of the GNU C++ compiler... 4.1<BR>
checking for ar... ar<BR>
checking for ranlib... ranlib<BR>
checking whether to compile with debugging... yes<BR>
checking whether to compile with memory debugging... no<BR>
checking whether to compile with lock debugging (default yes)... yes<BR>
checking whether to compile with optimization... no<BR>
checking whether to compile with profiling... no<BR>
checking whether to link statically... no<BR>
checking whether to link using static external libraries... no<BR>
checking whether to try to build shared libraries... yes<BR>
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC... yes<BR>
checking whether the compiler can link a dynamic library with -shared... =
yes<BR>
checking extension for dynamic libraries... so<BR>
checking if the compiler supports -Wl,--rpath=3D.... yes<BR>
checking for an oasys installation (version 1.3 or better)... =
../oasys-1.3.0<BR>
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep<BR>
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E<BR>
checking for ANSI C header files... yes<BR>
checking for sys/types.h... yes<BR>
checking for sys/stat.h... yes<BR>
checking for stdlib.h... yes<BR>
checking for string.h... yes<BR>
checking for memory.h... yes<BR>
checking for strings.h... yes<BR>
checking for inttypes.h... yes<BR>
checking for stdint.h... yes<BR>
checking for unistd.h... yes<BR>
checking whether bonjour support should be enabled... try<BR>
checking dns_sd.h usability... no<BR>
checking dns_sd.h presence... no<BR>
checking for dns_sd.h... no<BR>
checking for library containing DNSServiceRegister... no<BR>
checking whether bonjour support was found... no<BR>
checking whether to enable external convergence layer support... no<BR>
checking whether to enable external decision plane support... no<BR>
checking whether to enable NORM convergence layer support... no<BR>
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E<BR>
configure: creating ./config.status<BR>
config.status: creating Rules.make<BR>
config.status: creating System.make<BR>
config.status: creating dtn-config.h<BR>
Build options:<BR>
&nbsp; TARGET is: native<BR>
&nbsp; CC: gcc<BR>
&nbsp; CXX: g++<BR>
<BR>
Options:<BR>
&nbsp; DEBUG: -g -fno-inline<BR>
&nbsp; OPTIMIZE:<BR>
&nbsp; PICFLAGS: -fPIC -DPIC<BR>
&nbsp; PROFILE:<BR>
&nbsp; DEFS: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H<BR>
&nbsp; SYS_CFLAGS: -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64<BR>
&nbsp; INCFLAGS: -I. -I. -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I./servlib<BR>
&nbsp; EXTRA_CFLAGS:<BR>
&nbsp; LDFLAGS: -L.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Oasys Configuration:<BR>
&nbsp; OASYS_INCDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include<BR>
&nbsp; OASYS_LIBDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib<BR>
&nbsp; OASYS_ETCDIR: /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/share/oasys<BR>
&nbsp; OASYS_VERSION: 1.3.0<BR>
<BR>
External Packages:<BR>
&nbsp; EXTLIB_CFLAGS:<BR>
&nbsp; EXTLIB_LDFLAGS: -lpthread&nbsp; -ldl -lm&nbsp; -ltcl8.4 -lexpat =
-lxerces-c -lreadline&nbsp; -lz&nbsp; -ldb-4.6<BR>
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make<BR>
gcc -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;dtn-version.o =
dtn-version.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I. -I. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I./servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c dtn-version.c -o =
dtn-version.o<BR>
make -w -C applib<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
gcc -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;dtn_api.o =
dtn_api.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c dtn_api.c -o =
dtn_api.o<BR>
gcc -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;dtn_ipc.o =
dtn_ipc.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c dtn_ipc.c -o =
dtn_ipc.o<BR>
gcc -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;sdnv-c.o =
sdnv-c.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c sdnv-c.c -o =
sdnv-c.o<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi-2.6.0.a<BR>
ar ruc libdtnapi-2.6.0.a dtn_types_xdr.o dtn_api.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o =
sdnv-c.o ../dtn-version.o<BR>
ranlib libdtnapi-2.6.0.a || true<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi.a<BR>
cd `dirname libdtnapi.a` &amp;&amp; ln -s `basename libdtnapi-2.6.0.a` =
`basename libdtnapi.a`<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT =
&quot;APIEndpointIDOpt.o APIEndpointIDOpt.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c =
APIEndpointIDOpt.cc -o APIEndpointIDOpt.o<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a<BR>
ar ruc libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a APIEndpointIDOpt.o<BR>
ranlib libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a || true<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi++.a<BR>
cd `dirname libdtnapi++.a` &amp;&amp; ln -s `basename =
libdtnapi++-2.6.0.a` `basename libdtnapi++.a`<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;APIServer.o =
APIServer.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c APIServer.cc -o =
APIServer.o<BR>
rm -f libdtnapisrv.a<BR>
ar ruc libdtnapisrv.a dtn_types_xdr.o APIServer.o dtn_errno.o =
dtn_ipc.o<BR>
ranlib libdtnapisrv.a || true<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi-2.6.0.so<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;.o =
.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; dtn_types_xdr.o =
dtn_api.o dtn_errno.o dtn_ipc.o sdnv-c.o ../dtn-version.o -shared -fPIC =
-DPIC -L.&nbsp; -o libdtnapi-2.6.0.so<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi.so<BR>
cd `dirname libdtnapi.so` &amp;&amp; ln -s `basename libdtnapi-2.6.0.so` =
`basename libdtnapi.so`<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;.o =
.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; APIEndpointIDOpt.o =
libdtnapi.a -shared -fPIC -DPIC =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a libdtnapi.a =
-L.&nbsp; -o libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so<BR>
rm -f libdtnapi++.so<BR>
cd `dirname libdtnapi++.so` &amp;&amp; ln -s `basename =
libdtnapi++-2.6.0.so` `basename libdtnapi++.so`<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;.o =
.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; =
tcl/dtn_api_wrap_tcl.o -shared -fPIC -DPIC -L.&nbsp; \<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -ldtnapi-2.6.0 -ltcl8.4 -o tcl/libdtntcl-2.6.0.so<BR>
rm -f tcl/libdtntcl.so<BR>
cd `dirname tcl/libdtntcl.so` &amp;&amp; ln -s `basename =
tcl/libdtntcl-2.6.0.so` `basename tcl/libdtntcl.so`<BR>
cd python &amp;&amp; INCDIR=3D../.. LIBDIR=3D.. VERSION=3D2.6.0 python =
setup.py build<BR>
running build<BR>
running build_py<BR>
running build_ext<BR>
cd python &amp;&amp; python -c &quot;import py_compile; =
py_compile.compile('dtnapi.py')&quot;<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
make -w -C servlib<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;DTNServer.o =
DTNServer.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c DTNServer.cc -o =
DTNServer.o<BR>
rm -f libdtnserv.a<BR>
ar ruc libdtnserv.a DTNServer.o bundling/APIBlockProcessor.o =
bundling/BlockInfo.o bundling/BlockProcessor.o bundling/Bundle.o =
bundling/BundleActions.o bundling/BundleDaemon.o =
bundling/BundleEventHandler.o bundling/BundleInfoCache.o =
bundling/BundleList.o bundling/BundleMappings.o bundling/BundlePayload.o =
bundling/BundleProtocol.o bundling/BundleStatusReport.o =
bundling/BundleTimestamp.o bundling/CustodySignal.o =
bundling/CustodyTimer.o bundling/Dictionary.o bundling/ForwardingInfo.o =
bundling/ForwardingLog.o bundling/FragmentManager.o =
bundling/FragmentState.o bundling/ExpirationTimer.o bundling/GbofId.o =
bundling/MetadataBlock.o bundling/MetadataBlockProcessor.o =
bundling/PayloadBlockProcessor.o bundling/PreviousHopBlockProcessor.o =
bundling/PrimaryBlockProcessor.o bundling/SDNV.o =
bundling/SessionBlockProcessor.o bundling/SequenceID.o =
bundling/SequenceIDBlockProcessor.o bundling/UnknownBlockProcessor.o =
contacts/AlwaysOnLink.o contacts/Contact.o contacts/ContactManager.o =
contacts/Interface.o contacts/InterfaceTable.o contacts/Link.o =
contacts/OndemandLink.o contacts/OpportunisticLink.o =
contacts/ScheduledLink.o conv_layers/BluetoothConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/ConnectionConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/CLConnection.o =
conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/EthConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/FileConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/IPConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/IPConvergenceLayerUtils.o conv_layers/NullConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/SerialConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/StreamConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/TCPConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/UDPConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/NORMConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/NORMReceiver.o conv_layers/NORMSender.o =
conv_layers/NORMSessionManager.o conv_layers/ExternalConvergenceLayer.o =
conv_layers/ECLModule.o conv_layers/CLEventHandler.o =
conv_layers/clevent.o discovery/Announce.o discovery/BluetoothAnnounce.o =
discovery/BluetoothDiscovery.o discovery/BonjourDiscovery.o =
discovery/Discovery.o discovery/DiscoveryTable.o discovery/IPAnnounce.o =
discovery/IPDiscovery.o cmd/APICommand.o cmd/BundleCommand.o =
cmd/CompletionNotifier.o cmd/InterfaceCommand.o cmd/LinkCommand.o =
cmd/ParamCommand.o cmd/RegistrationCommand.o cmd/RouteCommand.o =
cmd/ShutdownCommand.o cmd/StorageCommand.o cmd/TestCommand.o =
cmd/DiscoveryCommand.o cmd/ProphetCommand.o cmd/ECLACommand.o =
cmd/SecurityCommand.o naming/EndpointID.o naming/EndpointIDOpt.o =
naming/Scheme.o naming/SchemeTable.o naming/SessionScheme.o =
naming/DTNScheme.o naming/EthernetScheme.o naming/StringScheme.o =
naming/WildcardScheme.o naming/TCAScheme.o prophet/AckList.o =
prophet/BundleOffer.o prophet/BundleTLV.o prophet/Controller.o =
prophet/Decider.o prophet/Dictionary.o prophet/Encounter.o =
prophet/HelloTLV.o prophet/Node.o prophet/ProphetTLV.o =
prophet/Repository.o prophet/RIBDTLV.o prophet/RIBTLV.o prophet/Stats.o =
prophet/Table.o prophet/OfferTLV.o prophet/ResponseTLV.o =
reg/AdminRegistration.o reg/APIRegistration.o reg/Registration.o =
reg/RegistrationTable.o reg/LoggingRegistration.o reg/PingRegistration.o =
reg/TclRegistration.o routing/router.o routing/router-custom.o =
routing/DTLSR.o routing/DTLSRConfig.o routing/DTLSRRouter.o =
routing/ExternalRouter.o routing/BundleRouter.o =
routing/FloodBundleRouter.o routing/LinkScheduleEstimator.o =
routing/ProphetBundleCore.o routing/ProphetBundleList.o =
routing/ProphetLinkList.o routing/ProphetNode.o =
routing/ProphetNodeList.o routing/ProphetRouter.o routing/RouteEntry.o =
routing/RouteTable.o routing/RouterInfo.o routing/TableBasedRouter.o =
routing/TcaEndpointID.o routing/TcaControlBundle.o routing/TcaRouter.o =
session/Session.o session/SessionTable.o session/Subscriber.o =
storage/BundleStore.o storage/ProphetStore.o storage/LinkStore.o =
storage/GlobalStore.o storage/RegistrationStore.o security/Ciphersuite.o =
security/BA_BlockProcessor.o security/PS_BlockProcessor.o =
security/C_BlockProcessor.o security/Ciphersuite_BA1.o =
security/Ciphersuite_PS2.o security/Ciphersuite_C3.o security/BP_Tag.o =
security/KeyDB.o security/SPD.o security/KeySteward.o gcm/gcm_aes.o =
gcm/gcm.o gcm/gf128mul.o ../dtn-version.o<BR>
ranlib libdtnserv.a || true<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
make -w -C daemon<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;dtnd.o =
dtnd.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c dtnd.cc -o =
dtnd.o<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;.o =
.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; dtnd.o =
../applib/libdtnapisrv.a ../servlib/libdtnserv.a&nbsp; \<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -o dtnd -L.&nbsp; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a -lpthread&nbsp; =
-ldl -lm&nbsp; -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c -lreadline&nbsp; -lz&nbsp; =
-ldb-4.6<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:851: undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`ModuleServer':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'<BR>
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status<BR>
make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'<BR>
make: *** [daemon] Error 2<BR>
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
-----Original Message-----<BR>
From: Md. Tarikul Islam [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</A>]<B=
R>
Sent: Sun 5/17/2009 12:37 PM<BR>
To: Ansa GO Mr (PG/R - Electronic Eng)<BR>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]<BR>
Subject: RE: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8<BR>
<BR>
Hi,<BR>
<BR>
You need to have Xerces (C++ XML Parser) library, which wasn't found<BR>
during making. You can get so from<BR>
&quot;<A =
HREF=3D"http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi">http://xerces.apa=
che.org/xerces-c/download.cgi</A>&quot; link. Basically the<BR>
library isn't required to install unless you need external =
convergence<BR>
layer or external decision plane support. You can turn off those =
options<BR>
during configuration like following:<BR>
<BR>
./configure --disable-ecl --disable-edp<BR>
make<BR>
<BR>
Hope this helps.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
Tarikul<BR>
<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Hi,<BR>
&gt; I added the &quot;#include &lt;sys/types.h&gt;&quot; and typed =
&quot;make&quot; and I was confronted<BR>
&gt; with yet another error.<BR>
&gt; Any suggestions to surmount this?<BR>
&gt; thanks.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Godwin Ansa<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make<BR>
&gt; make -w -C applib<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Entering directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Leaving directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
&gt; make -w -C servlib<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Entering directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Leaving directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
&gt; make -w -C daemon<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Entering directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'<BR>
&gt; g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;.o =
.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H<BR>
&gt; -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I..<BR>
&gt; -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include<BR>
&gt; -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall<BR>
&gt; -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; dtnd.o ../applib/libdtnapisrv.a =
../servlib/libdtnserv.a<BR>
&gt; \<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -o dtnd -L.<BR>
&gt; /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a<BR>
&gt; -lpthread&nbsp; -ldl -lm&nbsp; -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c<BR>
&gt; -lreadline&nbsp; -lz&nbsp; -ldb-4.6<BR>
&gt; ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function<BR>
&gt; `dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char =
const*)':<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:851:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'<BR>
&gt; ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`ModuleServer':<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to<BR>
&gt; `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char =
const*)'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to<BR>
&gt; `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char =
const*)'<BR>
&gt; ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `~ECLModule':<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; =
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o):/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67=
726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:<BR>
&gt; more undefined references to<BR>
&gt; `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()' follow<BR>
&gt; ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `ECLModule':<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to<BR>
&gt; `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char =
const*)'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to<BR>
&gt; `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char =
const*)'<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
&gt; ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(CLEventHandler.o): In function<BR>
&gt; `dtn::CLEventHandler::process_cl_event(char const*,<BR>
&gt; oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal&amp;)':<BR>
&gt; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/CLEventHandle=
r.cc:75:<BR>
&gt; undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'<BR>
&gt; collect2: ld returned 1 exit status<BR>
&gt; make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Leaving directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'<BR>
&gt; make: *** [daemon] Error 2<BR>
&gt; [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D6FF.3301F1C1--

From: Ahmed Ayadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 13:59:04 +0200
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-users] Fwd:  Installing DTN2 on Mac Os X (intel)

--001636c5a723a460c3046a1a683d
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,

It ask me also to disable other options
sh configure -C --without-db --disable-ecl --disable-edp

After that I succeed configure command however I failed to compile
This is the error message that I got:

g++ -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64
-Wno-long-double  -Wall -W -Wcast-align  -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD
-MP -MT "serialize/MarshalSerialize.o serialize/MarshalSerialize.E
serialize/MarshalSerialize.po"  -g  -c serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc -o
serialize/MarshalSerialize.o
./util/StringUtils.h:154: error: expected =91,=92 or =91...=92 before =91*=
=92 token
./util/StringUtils.h:154: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91u_char=
=92
with no type
./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91void oasys::hex2str(std::string*, int)=
=92:
./util/StringUtils.h:158: error: =91len=92 was not declared in this scope
./util/StringUtils.h:159: error: =91bp=92 was not declared in this scope
./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:
./util/StringUtils.h:154: warning: unused parameter =91u_char=92
./util/StringUtils.h:169: error: expected =91,=92 or =91...=92 before =91*=
=92 token
./util/StringUtils.h:169: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91u_char=
=92
with no type
./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91std::string oasys::hex2str(int)=92:
./util/StringUtils.h:172: error: =91bp=92 was not declared in this scope
./util/StringUtils.h:172: error: =91len=92 was not declared in this scope
./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:
./util/StringUtils.h:169: warning: unused parameter =91u_char=92
./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91void oasys::hex2str(std::string*, cons=
t
char*, size_t)=92:
./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91type nam=
e=92
with no type
./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: expected `>' before =91u_char=92
./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: expected `(' before =91u_char=92
./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: =91u_char=92 was not declared in this scop=
e
./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: expected primary-expression before =91>=92
token
./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: return-statement with a value, in function
returning 'void'
./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91std::string oasys::hex2str(const char*=
,
size_t)=92:
./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91type nam=
e=92
with no type
./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: expected `>' before =91u_char=92
./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: expected `(' before =91u_char=92
./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: =91u_char=92 was not declared in this scop=
e
./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: expected primary-expression before =91>=92
token
./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:
./util/StringUtils.h:202: error: =91u_char=92 has not been declared
./util/StringUtils.h:217: error: expected =91,=92 or =91...=92 before =91*=
=92 token
./util/StringUtils.h:217: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91u_char=
=92
with no type
./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91bool oasys::str_isascii(int)=92:
./util/StringUtils.h:219: error: =91len=92 was not declared in this scope
./util/StringUtils.h:220: error: =91bp=92 was not declared in this scope
./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:
./util/StringUtils.h:217: warning: unused parameter =91u_char=92
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc: In member function =91virtual void
oasys::Marshal::process(const char*, u_char*, u_int32_t)=92:
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:148: error: invalid conversion from =91u_char=
*=92
to =91const char*=92
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:148: error:   initializing argument 2 of =91v=
oid
oasys::hex2str(std::string*, const char*, size_t)=92
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc: In member function =91virtual void
oasys::Unmarshal::process(const char*, u_char*, u_int32_t)=92:
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:315: error: invalid conversion from =91u_char=
*=92
to =91const char*=92
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:315: error:   initializing argument 2 of =91v=
oid
oasys::hex2str(std::string*, const char*, size_t)=92
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc: In member function =91virtual void
oasys::Unmarshal::process(const char*, oasys::BufferCarrier<u_char>*)=92:
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:342: error: invalid conversion from =91u_char=
*=92
to =91const char*=92
serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:342: error:   initializing argument 2 of =91v=
oid
oasys::hex2str(std::string*, const char*, size_t)=92
make[1]: *** [serialize/MarshalSerialize.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/ahmedayadi/dev/dtn-2.5.0/oasys'
make: *** [oasys] Error 2

thanks,
--
Ahmed

2009/5/17 <[email-masked]>

> --without-db

--001636c5a723a460c3046a1a683d
Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div class=3D"gmail_quote">Hi,<br><br>It ask me also to disable other optio=
ns<br>sh configure -C --without-db --disable-ecl --disable-edp <br><br>Afte=
r that I succeed configure command however I failed to compile <br>This is =
the error message that I got:<br>

<br>g++ -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D6=
4=A0 -Wno-long-double=A0 -Wall -W -Wcast-align=A0 -g -fno-inline=A0 -fPIC -=
DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;serialize/MarshalSerialize.o serialize/MarshalSeria=
lize.E serialize/MarshalSerialize.po&quot;=A0 -g=A0 -c serialize/MarshalSer=
ialize.cc -o serialize/MarshalSerialize.o<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:154: error: expected =91,=92 or =91...=92 before =91*=
=92 token<br>./util/StringUtils.h:154: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration o=
f =91u_char=92 with no type<br>./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91void oa=
sys::hex2str(std::string*, int)=92:<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:158: error: =91len=92 was not declared in this scope<b=
r>./util/StringUtils.h:159: error: =91bp=92 was not declared in this scope<=
br>./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:<br>./util/StringUtils.h:154: warn=
ing: unused parameter =91u_char=92<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:169: error: expected =91,=92 or =91...=92 before =91*=
=92 token<br>./util/StringUtils.h:169: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration o=
f =91u_char=92 with no type<br>./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91std::st=
ring oasys::hex2str(int)=92:<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:172: error: =91bp=92 was not declared in this scope<br=
>./util/StringUtils.h:172: error: =91len=92 was not declared in this scope<=
br>./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:<br>./util/StringUtils.h:169: warn=
ing: unused parameter =91u_char=92<br>

./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91void oasys::hex2str(std::string*, cons=
t char*, size_t)=92:<br>./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: ISO C++ forbids de=
claration of =91type name=92 with no type<br>./util/StringUtils.h:183: erro=
r: expected `&gt;&#39; before =91u_char=92<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: expected `(&#39; before =91u_char=92<br>./=
util/StringUtils.h:183: error: =91u_char=92 was not declared in this scope<=
br>./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: expected primary-expression before =91&=
gt;=92 token<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:183: error: return-statement with a value, in function=
 returning &#39;void&#39;<br>./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91std::stri=
ng oasys::hex2str(const char*, size_t)=92:<br>./util/StringUtils.h:193: err=
or: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91type name=92 with no type<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: expected `&gt;&#39; before =91u_char=92<br=
>./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: expected `(&#39; before =91u_char=92<br>.=
/util/StringUtils.h:193: error: =91u_char=92 was not declared in this scope=
<br>./util/StringUtils.h:193: error: expected primary-expression before =91=
&gt;=92 token<br>

./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:<br>./util/StringUtils.h:202: error: =
=91u_char=92 has not been declared<br>./util/StringUtils.h:217: error: expe=
cted =91,=92 or =91...=92 before =91*=92 token<br>./util/StringUtils.h:217:=
 error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91u_char=92 with no type<br>

./util/StringUtils.h: In function =91bool oasys::str_isascii(int)=92:<br>./=
util/StringUtils.h:219: error: =91len=92 was not declared in this scope<br>=
./util/StringUtils.h:220: error: =91bp=92 was not declared in this scope<br=
>./util/StringUtils.h: At global scope:<br>

./util/StringUtils.h:217: warning: unused parameter =91u_char=92<br>seriali=
ze/MarshalSerialize.cc: In member function =91virtual void oasys::Marshal::=
process(const char*, u_char*, u_int32_t)=92:<br>serialize/MarshalSerialize.=
cc:148: error: invalid conversion from =91u_char*=92 to =91const char*=92<b=
r>

serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:148: error:=A0=A0 initializing argument 2 of =
=91void oasys::hex2str(std::string*, const char*, size_t)=92<br>serialize/M=
arshalSerialize.cc: In member function =91virtual void oasys::Unmarshal::pr=
ocess(const char*, u_char*, u_int32_t)=92:<br>

serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:315: error: invalid conversion from =91u_char=
*=92 to =91const char*=92<br>serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:315: error:=A0=
=A0 initializing argument 2 of =91void oasys::hex2str(std::string*, const c=
har*, size_t)=92<br>

serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc: In member function =91virtual void oasys::Un=
marshal::process(const char*, oasys::BufferCarrier&lt;u_char&gt;*)=92:<br>s=
erialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:342: error: invalid conversion from =91u_char*=
=92 to =91const char*=92<br>

serialize/MarshalSerialize.cc:342: error:=A0=A0 initializing argument 2 of =
=91void oasys::hex2str(std::string*, const char*, size_t)=92<br>make[1]: **=
* [serialize/MarshalSerialize.o] Error 1<br>make[1]: Leaving directory `/Us=
ers/ahmedayadi/dev/dtn-2.5.0/oasys&#39;<br>

make: *** [oasys] Error 2<br><br>thanks,<br clear=3D"all">--<br>Ahmed<br><b=
r><br>
<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">2009/5/17  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t;</span><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px so=
lid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

<font size=3D"2">--without-db</font></blockquote></div><br>
</div><br>

--001636c5a723a460c3046a1a683d--

Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 14:37:39 +0300 (EEST)
From: "Md. Tarikul Islam" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Importance: Normal
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8

Hi,

You need to have Xerces (C++ XML Parser) library, which wasn't found
during making. You can get so from
"http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi" link. Basically the
library isn't required to install unless you need external convergence
layer or external decision plane support. You can turn off those options
during configuration like following:

./configure --disable-ecl --disable-edp
make

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Tarikul

>
> Hi,
> I added the "#include <sys/types.h>" and typed "make" and I was confronted
> with yet another error.
> Any suggestions to surmount this?
> thanks.
>
> Godwin Ansa
>
>
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
> make -w -C applib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make -w -C servlib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make -w -C daemon
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  dtnd.o ../applib/libdtnapisrv.a ../servlib/libdtnserv.a
> \
>                 -o dtnd -L.
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a
> -lpthread  -ldl -lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c
> -lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function
> `dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc:851:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char const*)'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function `ModuleServer':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc:729:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc:729:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `~ECLModule':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o):/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69:
> more undefined references to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()' follow
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `ECLModule':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:58:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:63:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:58:
> undefined reference to
> `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:63:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
> ../servlib/libdtnserv.a(CLEventHandler.o): In function
> `dtn::CLEventHandler::process_cl_event(char const*,
> oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal&)':
> /home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/CLEventHandler.cc:75:
> undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char const*)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
> make: *** [daemon] Error 2
> [root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 11:27:45 +0100
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D6DA.319000DD
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,
I added the "#include <sys/types.h>" and typed "make" and I was =
confronted with yet another error.
Any suggestions to surmount this?
thanks.

Godwin Ansa

[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
make -w -C applib
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
make -w -C servlib
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
make -w -C daemon
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT ".o .E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  dtnd.o ../applib/libdtnapisrv.a =
../servlib/libdtnserv.a  \
                -o dtnd -L.  =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a -lpthread  -ldl =
-lm  -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c -lreadline  -lz  -ldb-4.6
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:851: undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function `ModuleServer':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `~ECLModule':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o):/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67=
726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69: more undefined references to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()' follow
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `ECLModule':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(CLEventHandler.o): In function =
`dtn::CLEventHandler::process_cl_event(char const*, =
oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal&)':
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/CLEventHandle=
r.cc:75: undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'
make: *** [daemon] Error 2
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# =20

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Sat 5/16/2009 9:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8
=20
Hi,

I think you have to add "#include <sys/types.h>" in the
"../oasys/util/SafeRange.h" file to get rid of the errors.

> Hi,
> I am fairly new to DTN. While trying to build the DTN2 code using the
> (make command) i had the following errors.
> Any hint on how to overcome this will be highly appreciated.
>
> Kind regards,
> Godwin Ansa.
>
>
>
>
>
> [root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
> make -w -C applib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make -w -C servlib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "bundling/SequenceID.o
> bundling/SequenceID.E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c bundling/SequenceID.cc -o bundling/SequenceID.o
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:35: error: expected `)' before 'offset'
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:36: error: 'size_t' does not name a type
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:39: error: 'size_t' has not been declared
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: declaration of 'operator[]' as
> non-function
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: expected ';' before '(' token
> =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected `;' before end of line
> =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected `}' before end of line
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h: In constructor
> 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>::SafeRange(_Type*, int)':
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>' =
does
> not have any field named 'array_'
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>' =
does
> not have any field named 'size_'
> =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:
> At global scope:
> =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected unqualified-id before end of line
> =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected `}' before end of line
> =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected declaration before end of line
> make[1]: *** [bundling/SequenceID.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make: *** [servlib] Error 2
> [root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>

_______________________________________________
dtn-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D6DA.319000DD
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.5.7653.38">
<TITLE>RE: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,<BR>
I added the &quot;#include &lt;sys/types.h&gt;&quot; and typed =
&quot;make&quot; and I was confronted with yet another error.<BR>
Any suggestions to surmount this?<BR>
thanks.<BR>
<BR>
Godwin Ansa<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make<BR>
make -w -C applib<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
make -w -C servlib<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
make -w -C daemon<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT &quot;.o =
.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; dtnd.o =
../applib/libdtnapisrv.a ../servlib/libdtnserv.a&nbsp; \<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -o dtnd -L.&nbsp; =
/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/lib/liboasys-1.3.0.a -lpthread&nbsp; =
-ldl -lm&nbsp; -ltcl8.4 -lexpat -lxerces-c -lreadline&nbsp; -lz&nbsp; =
-ldb-4.6<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`dtn::ExternalRouter::ModuleServer::process_action(char const*)':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:851: undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ExternalRouter.o): In function =
`ModuleServer':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/routing/ExternalRouter.cc=
:729: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `~ECLModule':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
69: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o):/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67=
726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:69: more undefined references to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()' follow<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(ECLModule.o): In function `ECLModule':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
58: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::XercesXMLUnmarshal(bool, char const*)'<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/ECLModule.cc:=
63: undefined reference to =
`oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::~XercesXMLUnmarshal()'<BR>
../servlib/libdtnserv.a(CLEventHandler.o): In function =
`dtn::CLEventHandler::process_cl_event(char const*, =
oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal&amp;)':<BR>
/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib/conv_layers/CLEventHandle=
r.cc:75: undefined reference to `oasys::XercesXMLUnmarshal::doc(char =
const*)'<BR>
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status<BR>
make[1]: *** [dtnd] Error 1<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/daemon'<BR>
make: *** [daemon] Error 2<BR>
[root@dyres237-45 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
-----Original Message-----<BR>
From: [email-masked] on behalf of =
[email-masked]<BR>
Sent: Sat 5/16/2009 9:10 PM<BR>
To: [email-masked]<BR>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8<BR>
<BR>
Hi,<BR>
<BR>
I think you have to add &quot;#include &lt;sys/types.h&gt;&quot; in =
the<BR>
&quot;../oasys/util/SafeRange.h&quot; file to get rid of the errors.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&gt; Hi,<BR>
&gt; I am fairly new to DTN. While trying to build the DTN2 code using =
the<BR>
&gt; (make command) i had the following errors.<BR>
&gt; Any hint on how to overcome this will be highly appreciated.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Kind regards,<BR>
&gt; Godwin Ansa.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; [root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make<BR>
&gt; make -w -C applib<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Entering directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Leaving directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
&gt; make -w -C servlib<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Entering directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
&gt; g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT =
&quot;bundling/SequenceID.o<BR>
&gt; bundling/SequenceID.E&quot;&nbsp; -DHAVE_CONFIG_H =
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE<BR>
&gt; -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I..<BR>
&gt; -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include<BR>
&gt; -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall<BR>
&gt; -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c bundling/SequenceID.cc -o =
bundling/SequenceID.o<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:35: error: expected `)' before =
'offset'<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:36: error: 'size_t' does not name a =
type<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:39: error: 'size_t' has not been =
declared<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: declaration of 'operator[]' =
as<BR>
&gt; non-function<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: expected ';' before '(' =
token<BR>
&gt; =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:<BR>
&gt; error: expected `;' before end of line<BR>
&gt; =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:<BR>
&gt; error: expected `}' before end of line<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h: In constructor<BR>
&gt; 'oasys::SafeRange&lt;_Type&gt;::SafeRange(_Type*, int)':<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class =
'oasys::SafeRange&lt;_Type&gt;' does<BR>
&gt; not have any field named 'array_'<BR>
&gt; ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class =
'oasys::SafeRange&lt;_Type&gt;' does<BR>
&gt; not have any field named 'size_'<BR>
&gt; =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:<BR>
&gt; At global scope:<BR>
&gt; =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:<BR>
&gt; error: expected unqualified-id before end of line<BR>
&gt; =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:<BR>
&gt; error: expected `}' before end of line<BR>
&gt; =
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:<BR>
&gt; error: expected declaration before end of line<BR>
&gt; make[1]: *** [bundling/SequenceID.o] Error 1<BR>
&gt; make[1]: Leaving directory<BR>
&gt; `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
&gt; make: *** [servlib] Error 2<BR>
&gt; [root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#<BR>
&gt; _______________________________________________<BR>
&gt; dtn-users mailing list<BR>
&gt; [email-masked]<BR>
&gt; <A =
HREF=3D"http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users">h=
ttp://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users</A><BR>
&gt;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
_______________________________________________<BR>
dtn-users mailing list<BR>
[email-masked]<BR>
<A =
HREF=3D"http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users">h=
ttp://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users</A><BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D6DA.319000DD--

Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:10:10 +0300 (EEST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Importance: Normal
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8

Hi,

I think you have to add "#include <sys/types.h>" in the
"../oasys/util/SafeRange.h" file to get rid of the errors.

> Hi,
> I am fairly new to DTN. While trying to build the DTN2 code using the
> (make command) i had the following errors.
> Any hint on how to overcome this will be highly appreciated.
>
> Kind regards,
> Godwin Ansa.
>
>
>
>
>
> [root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
> make -w -C applib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
> make -w -C servlib
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "bundling/SequenceID.o
> bundling/SequenceID.E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include
> -I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   -Wall
> -W -Wcast-align  -c bundling/SequenceID.cc -o bundling/SequenceID.o
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:35: error: expected `)' before 'offset'
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:36: error: 'size_t' does not name a type
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:39: error: 'size_t' has not been declared
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: declaration of 'operator[]' as
> non-function
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: expected ';' before '(' token
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected `;' before end of line
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected `}' before end of line
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h: In constructor
> 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>::SafeRange(_Type*, int)':
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>' does
> not have any field named 'array_'
> ../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>' does
> not have any field named 'size_'
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:
> At global scope:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected unqualified-id before end of line
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected `}' before end of line
> /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33:
> error: expected declaration before end of line
> make[1]: *** [bundling/SequenceID.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
> make: *** [servlib] Error 2
> [root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>

From: Ahmed Ayadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 21:33:49 +0200
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-users] Installing DTN2 on Mac Os X (intel)

--001636c5a7231d1b18046a0ca53e
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

I failed to install DTN_2.5 in my Mac Os X 10.5.5(x86) I get the following
error messages.

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.5) in /usr/local/include/db4.5...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.5) in /usr/local/include/db4...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.5) in /usr/local/include/db45...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.5) in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include/db4.4...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include/db4...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include/db44...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include/db4.3...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include/db4...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include/db43...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include... no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include/db4.2...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include/db4...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include/db42...
no
checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include... no

Configure error with Berkeley DB...

If you do not want Berkeley DB support at all, you can specify
--without-db.

If your installed version is not one of the following versions:
'4.5 4.4 4.3 4.2', you may have to specify the version explicitly
with --with-dbver=<version>.

If your installation is in a non-standard path, you can specify
the path with --with-db=DIR.

To download the latest version, go to http://www.sleepycat.com
To build and install to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-<version>:

# cd <db_download_dir>/build_unix
# ../dist/configure
# make
# make install

configure: error: can't find usable Berkeley DB installation

Thanks,
Ahmed

--001636c5a7231d1b18046a0ca53e
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,<br><br>I failed to install DTN_2.5 in my Mac Os X 10.5.5(x86) I get the=
 following error messages.<br><br><br>checking for Berkeley DB header (vers=
ion 4.5) in /usr/local/include/db4.5... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB head=
er (version 4.5) in /usr/local/include/db4... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.5) in /usr/local/include/db45...=
 no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.5) in /usr/local/Berkeley=
DB.4.5/include... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /u=
sr/include... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include... no<b=
r>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include/db4.4=
... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/inclu=
de/db4... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/include/db44...=
 no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.4) in /usr/local/Berkeley=
DB.4.4/include... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /u=
sr/include... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include... no<b=
r>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include/db4.3=
... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/inclu=
de/db4... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/include/db43...=
 no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.3) in /usr/local/Berkeley=
DB.4.3/include... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /u=
sr/include... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include... no<b=
r>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include/db4.2=
... no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/inclu=
de/db4... no<br>

checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/include/db42...=
 no<br>checking for Berkeley DB header (version 4.2) in /usr/local/Berkeley=
DB.4.2/include... no<br><br>Configure error with Berkeley DB...<br><br>

If you do not want Berkeley DB support at all, you can specify<br>--without=
-db.<br><br>If your installed version is not one of the following versions:=
<br>&#39;4.5 4.4 4.3 4.2&#39;, you may have to specify the version explicit=
ly<br>

with --with-dbver=3D&lt;version&gt;.<br><br>If your installation is in a no=
n-standard path, you can specify<br>the path with --with-db=3DDIR.<br><br>T=
o download the latest version, go to <a href=3D"http://www.sleepycat.com">h=
ttp://www.sleepycat.com</a><br>

To build and install to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-&lt;version&gt;:<br><br># cd =
&lt;db_download_dir&gt;/build_unix<br># ../dist/configure<br># make<br># ma=
ke install<br><br>configure: error: can&#39;t find usable Berkeley DB insta=
llation<br>

<br><br>Thanks,<br>Ahmed<br>

--001636c5a7231d1b18046a0ca53e--

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 16:55:11 +0100
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D63E.B1AE4B8C
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,
I am fairly new to DTN. While trying to build the DTN2 code using the =
(make command) i had the following errors.
Any hint on how to overcome this will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Godwin Ansa.

[root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make
make -w -C applib
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'
make -w -C servlib
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT "bundling/SequenceID.o =
bundling/SequenceID.E"  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib   =
-Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c bundling/SequenceID.cc -o =
bundling/SequenceID.o
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:35: error: expected `)' before 'offset'
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:36: error: 'size_t' does not name a type
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:39: error: 'size_t' has not been declared
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: declaration of 'operator[]' as =
non-function
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: expected ';' before '(' token
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected `;' before end of line
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected `}' before end of line
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h: In constructor =
'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>::SafeRange(_Type*, int)':
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>' =
does not have any field named 'array_'
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class 'oasys::SafeRange<_Type>' =
does not have any field named 'size_'
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h: At global scope:
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected unqualified-id before end of =
line
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected `}' before end of line
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected declaration before end of =
line
make[1]: *** [bundling/SequenceID.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'
make: *** [servlib] Error 2
[root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#   =20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D63E.B1AE4B8C
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.5.7653.38">
<TITLE>Compiling DTN2 on Fedora 8</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,<BR>
I am fairly new to DTN. While trying to build the DTN2 code using the =
(make command) i had the following errors.<BR>
Any hint on how to overcome this will be highly appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
Kind regards,<BR>
Godwin Ansa.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
[root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]# make<BR>
make -w -C applib<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/applib'<BR>
make -w -C servlib<BR>
make[1]: Entering directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
g++ -g -fno-inline&nbsp; -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT =
&quot;bundling/SequenceID.o bundling/SequenceID.E&quot;&nbsp; =
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 -I.. -I.. =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include =
-I/home/ga00001/Desktop/oasys-1.3.0/include/oasys/ext =
-I../servlib&nbsp;&nbsp; -Wall -W -Wcast-align&nbsp; -c =
bundling/SequenceID.cc -o bundling/SequenceID.o<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:35: error: expected `)' before =
&#8216;offset&#8217;<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:36: error: &#8216;size_t&#8217; does not name =
a type<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:39: error: &#8216;size_t&#8217; has not been =
declared<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: declaration of =
&#8216;operator[]&#8217; as non-function<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:42: error: expected &#8216;;&#8217; before =
&#8216;(&#8217; token<BR>
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected `;' before end of line<BR>
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected `}' before end of line<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h: In constructor =
&#8216;oasys::SafeRange&lt;_Type&gt;::SafeRange(_Type*, int)&#8217;:<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class =
&#8216;oasys::SafeRange&lt;_Type&gt;&#8217; does not have any field =
named &#8216;array_&#8217;<BR>
../oasys/util/SafeRange.h:40: error: class =
&#8216;oasys::SafeRange&lt;_Type&gt;&#8217; does not have any field =
named &#8216;size_&#8217;<BR>
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h: At global scope:<BR>
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected unqualified-id before end of =
line<BR>
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected `}' before end of line<BR>
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/i386-r=
edhat-linux/bits/gthr.h:33: error: expected declaration before end of =
line<BR>
make[1]: *** [bundling/SequenceID.o] Error 1<BR>
make[1]: Leaving directory =
`/home/ga00001/Desktop/DTN2-fc18b6d67726/servlib'<BR>
make: *** [servlib] Error 2<BR>
[root@10 DTN2-fc18b6d67726]#&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D63E.B1AE4B8C--

From: Alex McMahon <[email-masked]>
To: dtn-users <[email-masked]>
Organization: Trinity College Dublin
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 18:45:28 +0100
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] DTN2 ACK Bug
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

Does anyone object? In the absence of any objections I shall commit this
changeset tomorrow.

All the best,

Alex

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 16:52 -0400, Mithun Roy wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I am doing some interoperability tests between ION nodes and a DTN2 nodes using
> the TCP convergence layer. 
> 
> The ION node is set up such that the ACK, NACK and the reactive fragmentation
> flags are set to off. I am certain that ACK flag and the reactive fragmentation
> flag is set to on for DTN2. 
> 
> According to the internet draft "draft-irtf-dtnrg-tcp-clayer-02", if any of the
> nodes turn off these flags during contact header exchange it needs to stay off
> for the duration of the connection.
> 
> So for the given setup, ACK should be turned off. When the ION node sends a
> bundle across to the DTN2 node, the ION node still gets an ACK from the DTN2
> node. That seems to be a bug.
> 
> And similarly when the DTN2 node sends a bundle to the ION node, the ION node
> happily receives the bundle. Since ACK is turned off, the ION node doesn't send
> an ACK. The DTN2 node then periodically sends out the same bundle, which is
> because it doesn't see an ACK I presume. 
> 
> I have attached the exported changeset for the fix.
> 
> 
> Regards,
> Mithun Roy
> _______________________________________________ dtn-users mailing list [email-masked] http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:52:24 -0400
From: Mithun Roy <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-users] DTN2 ACK Bug

This message is in MIME format.

---MOQ124155674419891e81c5ca092e613cbab6153648cf
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

I am doing some interoperability tests between ION nodes and a DTN2 nodes using
the TCP convergence layer. 

The ION node is set up such that the ACK, NACK and the reactive fragmentation
flags are set to off. I am certain that ACK flag and the reactive fragmentation
flag is set to on for DTN2. 

According to the internet draft "draft-irtf-dtnrg-tcp-clayer-02", if any of the
nodes turn off these flags during contact header exchange it needs to stay off
for the duration of the connection.

So for the given setup, ACK should be turned off. When the ION node sends a
bundle across to the DTN2 node, the ION node still gets an ACK from the DTN2
node. That seems to be a bug.

And similarly when the DTN2 node sends a bundle to the ION node, the ION node
happily receives the bundle. Since ACK is turned off, the ION node doesn't send
an ACK. The DTN2 node then periodically sends out the same bundle, which is
because it doesn't see an ACK I presume. 

I have attached the exported changeset for the fix.

Regards,
Mithun Roy
---MOQ124155674419891e81c5ca092e613cbab6153648cf
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="export.out"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="export.out"

---MOQ124155674419891e81c5ca092e613cbab6153648cf--